Term time school holidays

Your choice to send them to different schools. The dates don't vary that much do they? I know Scotland is significantly different but how many people have different kids at school in England and Scotland?

Not very different, but when parents only have limited holidays. I know that Wakefield and Leeds did have different dates.

When my son was younger he caught Chickenpox the week before his school finished for the summer break. He couldn,t go to School obviously. The School sent one of the office staff round to our house check that he actually was off with a illness and I hadn,t taken him on holiday as a quarter of his year were off that week being "ill" lol.

Your choice to send them to different schools. The dates don't vary that much do they? I know Scotland is significantly different but how many people have different kids at school in England and Scotland?

Actually, no it's not. I have 3 children, one at primary, one at secondary and one in a special needs school. They are all in Sheffield, but don't always match up. I have family in Lincolnshire, who we like to holiday with for a number of reasons, and the amount of people there with children in different schools, for a variety of reasons is huge.

If you want to go on holiday out of peak time, don't have kids, or go without them!

Or just take them out of school.

Schools have numerous holidays, if parents take their children out of school, when its not a school holiday, this may result in a fine.

£60 per child, per parent; so married could couples would pay a £240 fine for taking 2 children on holiday, if the school is not on holiday.

Oh right, that's not a school holiday though, it's a family holiday

Kids are off school for long enough and can't see why they have to be taken out of school during term time. Being taken out during term time should only be for an emergency or sickness and not for a holiday just because the prices have gone up to go abroad.

There are plenty of things to do in this country and for kids to learn, we never go abroad and instead take ours to places in the UK where they will learn about stuff (ie wildlife, history, culture, etc, etc) and not go and waste money on amusements and theme parks.

If you're bothered about pricing then start saving earlier and look around as there are plenty of good deals and the best imo is somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of a busy day in a city

The unedifying thing about this is that, if Asian parents take their children out of school for two months to visit Pakistan, nothing is said - a "C" for Cultural Visit" is put in the register. If you are a Traveller (and, by the way, anyone can define themselves as one, did you know?) and you take your kids out of school for a fortnight, you are not penalised, a "T" for "Travelling" is put in the register. Only normal white English people are to be penalised. Of course. If they stand for it of course. My children are long grown up, but I would like to see the school try and fine ME!

And, while I think of it, what makes the Educational system think that it is vastly more important than everything else in the country, and that people, parents, and companies have to arrange their lives (at considerable financial penalty) to suit the system? As far as I am concerned, it is a service industry, and as such, should be concerned to satisfy its CUSTOMERS - and these are the PARENTS who send their children to the school. What sort of service business insists it can dictate terms to its customers? Love to see, say, Asda telling people that, no, they can;t go on holiday, they have to buy their shopping there 52 weeks a year, or else... howls of derision would arise. Why aren't they doing so in relation to schools dictating things?

This only goes to show the folly of getting the state to provide ANYTHING - it doesn't care for the users - it only cares for its own convenience. (With certain politically-correct exceptions, natch).

Edited by martyn1949

El Cid, but certain members of society DO take the <REMOVED>!!

Edited by esme
Masked swearing

El Cid, but certain members of society DO take the <REMOVED>!!

Do the parents that have children failing to get good grades get fined? We need our children to be all round ballanced individuals.

Edited by esme
Masked swearing

Do the parents that have children failing to get good grades get fined? We need our children to be all round ballanced individuals.

Yep, that can spell "balanced" too! (grin!)

Yep, that can spell "balanced" too! (grin!)

And I always attended school :loopy: