Rain, roads, and a rant!

I'm pleased about that.

I'm quite a fan of the light sensors, but they don't always come on in the rain. I do have an over-ride though.

My wipers come on automatically too, and they adjust speed to the amount of rain falling. Another improvement on the Model T:wink:

Oh, yes... my brakes don't lock either. And I don't have a choke. All of these are improvements over my first car, a 1979 Mini.

:D You should put your lights on full beam to aid visibility then.

my other car has none of today's technology, no ABS, ESP, or TCS. no airbags, no side protection or crumple zones. no parking sensors or cameras, no automatic lights or wipers, no automatic brakes or self-parking malarkey.

it's as basic as it gets, and it has to be driven, not just made to go from one place to another as easily as possible.

and to be honest, i prefer that to my usual runabout.

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 00:13 ----------

It's those people using foggys or full beams who are the culprits.

that'll be my next motoring rant ;)

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 00:17 ----------

You have ton and tonne mixed up there.

didn't spot that earlier. we're not going to argue about 16 kilograms, are we?

i used the metric tonne, as my car was made in germany.

my other car has none of today's technology, no ABS, ESP, or TCS. no airbags, no side protection or crumple zones. no parking sensors or cameras, no automatic lights or wipers, no automatic brakes or self-parking malarkey.

it's as basic as it gets, and it has to be driven, not just made to go from one place to another as easily as possible.

and to be honest, i prefer that to my usual runabout.

I've got one like that. A 15 year old Peugeot.

It is fun to drive for a while, but I do like the satnav, abs, power steering, automatic wipers and lights, autostop, electric windows, jukebox, driver info system stuff that my proper car has.

When I'm moving manure around, it is the Peugeot all the way though:)

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 00:21 ----------

[/color]

that'll be my next motoring rant ;)

I'll be on your side for that one.

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 00:17 ----------

[/color]

didn't spot that earlier. we're not going to argue about 16 kilograms, are we?

i used the metric tonne, as my car was made in germany.

Nope. Nor even about 36pounds:). I used ton, because I'm in England.

Edited by SpikeMac

When I'm moving manure around, it is the Peugeot all the way though:)

horses for courses.

Nope. Nor even about 36pounds:). I used ton, because I'm in England.

long ton, or short ton?

What about when it's night, or night and raining, do you still get dazzled (I would expect so if you do in the daylight). I would get yourself checkout you could be dangerous to other road users.

If I'm not wearing my glasses my eyesight is awful when its raining at night. I think its something to do with my astigmatism. I see halos around car and street lights, worse when its raining, it all becomes a blur of lights.

I haven't driven for a year ( not because of my eyes), but I would never drive without my glasses, and I would probably choose not to drive at night on the motorway regardless.

Maybe the OP needs to get their eyes tested?

Edited by Isabelle

If I'm not wearing my glasses my eyesight is awful when its raining at night. I think its something to do with my astigmatism. I see halos around car and street lights, worse when its raining, it all becomes a blur of lights.

I haven't driven for a year ( not because of my eyes), but I would never drive without my glasses, and I would probably choose not to drive at night on the motorway regardless.

Maybe you need your eyes tested?

Your reply is agreeing with me, if you get dazzled in the day you get dazzled at night, and you can't propose people drive without their lights at night so the answer is his eyes.

Whats the logic behind me getting my eyes tested, because I don't get dazzled? (I do get them tested every few year btw)

Your reply is agreeing with me, if you get dazzled in the day you get dazzled at night, and you can't propose people drive without their lights at night so the answer is his eyes.

Whats the logic behind me getting my eyes tested, because I don't get dazzled? (I do get them tested every few year btw)

Sorry, I meant the OP not you. I will edit

:)

how many times do i need to state that it was perfectly light enough to see and be seen?

You seem to be in disagreement with the majority of people though. Did you ever consider that you might actually be wrong?

Lots of other people thought it required dipped headlights, and nobody else suffers from glare... Yet you're convinced it's everyone else who's wrong :roll:

I had my lights on this morning, and the sun is out!

What's going on there then?

i will concede that when driving in daylight rain dipped headlights are recommended.

So what's your argument then? :confused:

The only glare I ever get in rain is from the sun if it's fairly low in the sky

Sorry, I meant the OP not you. I will edit

:)

Hey no worries, does make sense now :)

I had my lights on this morning, and the sun is out!

What's going on there then?

You drive a Volvo?