Parking sensors

Nah, that's a really terrible idea. Making it more difficult will simply make it more difficult. Sure, you might look more, but if it's more difficult then by definition well, it's still more difficult. How can that possibly be a good thing? You're looking more, but it's still more difficult to park = bad thing.

if driving was more difficult, the roads would be full of drivers who know what they are doing.

rather than the current situation, where the roads are clogged with commuters and 'car owners', who can't park without assistance, can't turn a corner without swerving all over the road, and can't maintain a safe distance, or even a constant speed.

if driving was more difficult, the roads would be full of drivers who know what they are doing.

rather than the current situation, where the roads are clogged with commuters and 'car owners', who can't park without assistance, can't turn a corner without swerving all over the road, and can't maintain a safe distance, or even a constant speed.

Or park dead square in a space at Meadowhall, instead of taking two spots:hihi::hihi:

No, it'd be full of the same people who are there now. But they'd be finding everything more difficult.

Making something more difficult doesn't increase the average level of skill, it simply increases the average level of failure.

Take someone who can already park for example. Giving them parking sensors doesn't remove that ability, it enhances it. Take someone who can't park well and take away parking sensors, they don't get better at parking by magic, they just make more mistakes when parking.

No, it'd be full of the same people who are there now. But they'd be finding everything more difficult.

Making something more difficult doesn't increase the average level of skill, it simply increases the average level of failure.

Take someone who can already park for example. Giving them parking sensors doesn't remove that ability, it enhances it. Take someone who can't park well and take away parking sensors, they don't get better at parking by magic, they just make more mistakes when parking.

exactly right.

after two or three insurance claims, they'd be unable to afford to 'commute' by car, and get the bus.

leaving the roads free for us drivers.

Given that you're talking about the status quo that has existed for over 50 years I can't see many people suddenly being that bad at parking... So you're arguing against technology that makes parking easier for no real reason.

Got a Honda Civic and quite frankly, whilst I love the car, the view out of the rear window is appalling.

Can anyone.recommend someone/somewhere to fit parking sensors?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I bought a Wireless reversing sensor kit off E-Bay (£21.99) for my Honda Civic Hybrid and fitted it myself a few years ago,you can pick colour coded sensors if you wish,it also came with a hole saw to drill into the rear bumper,was easy to fit being wireless,just wire into the wiring loom for the reversing light so it operates when reverse is selected,the LED display is placed on the dash and can either be wired in up front, or, simply plugged into the cigarette lighter/power outlet socket..worked perfectly,very good value for the money same as the one in link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Parking-Reversing-Sensor-LED-Display-4-Sensors-/230346405602?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35a1b736e2

I dont know what the car companies are thinking of. These Hondas and some of the Citroens and also the Prius has a RIDICULOUS spoiler right across the view out of the rear window.

Obviously you are an armchair warrior/critic and have NEVER even sat in a Prius,i have owned a T-Spirit Prius for over a year now and can assure you the spoiler DOES NOT obscure the rear window at all ,in fact you cannot even see it from inside,...just to add it also has reversing sensors,a reversing camera in colour,..the display from behind comes on in the large screen for the sat nav.. and intelligent parking assist,with this you set it .press a button on the dashboard and it will park it'self up,all you do is keep the foot on the footbrake...have i used it..NO..

Edited by euclid

So, to answer the OP's original question:

"Can anyone recommend someone / somewhere to fit parking sensors?"

We've had one sensible reply, and three pages of a slagging match.

Thank you

Most garages will fit parking sensors and the local paper's are full of adverts from people willing to fit..best option is probably a mobile auto electrician,prices i have seen advertised are from £150 upwards...as i said earlier, i bought... (off e-bay)...and fitted my own,it is an easy job,worked perfectly, and well worth the effort.Anything that makes motoring both easier and safer is welcome by me...After over 12 months i would think the original poster has either had them fitted or given up on the idea.....:D

reverse parking is part of the driving test ,so if someone cant park without the aid of parking sensors they shouldnt be on the road in the first place.

What a stupid comment

Most garages will fit parking sensors and the local paper's are full of adverts from people willing to fit..best option is probably a mobile auto electrician,prices i have seen advertised are from £150 upwards...as i said earlier, i bought... (off e-bay)...and fitted my own,it is an easy job,worked perfectly, and well worth the effort.Anything that makes motoring both easier and safer is welcome by me...After over 12 months i would think the original poster has either had them fitted or given up on the idea.....:D

I had mine fitted at Autotek for £125-00.

Thanks euclid, I'd prefer to get it done professionally than stab / hack and plug away at Rosie myself. Especially in this weather, I don't fancy being outside doing manual work any longer than strictly necessary

What a stupid comment

And the slagging continues :roll: ... rise above it, eh?

I had mine fitted at Autotek for £125-00.

Thank you Kidorry, I'll give them a call next week.

Thanks euclid, I'd prefer to get it done professionally than stab / hack and plug away at Rosie myself. Especially in this weather, I don't fancy being outside doing manual work any longer than strictly necessary

And the slagging continues :roll: ... rise above it, eh?

Thank you Kidorry, I'll give them a call next week.[/COLOR]

I do not think he works Mondays.