Jeremy Kyle Show - Evidence we need workhouses?

Yes we should. Back in the "good old days" your breading habit was your problem.

Give us this day our daily bread...

We have had welfare in this country for over 400 years, and there have been fixed pries for bread many times throughout the ages.

What time do you speak of?

If you choose to have multiple children and could not afford to feed them all - tough. One or two of them died.
Food was plentiful...

Now we have a very wonderful welfare state that prevents all that. People's breading habits are supported by healthcare, monies, personal support, food, childcare and a whole range of other services to protect the poorest in society and allow them to look after their kids.

People should be capable of doing this anyhow, agriculture takes up a very small amount of the collective labour of the UK population, it is only due to monopolies and cartels that many are priced out, primarily the monopolies upon land and of currency.

However, money and resources are not infinite and if the state is funding your children for generation after generation, you are damn right we should be able to control birth numbers.
Don't be daft, we an produce more, and more, and more.

If you have a job, security and can pay for children - fine. If you lose your job and are TEMPORARILLY in need of state help - fine.

You seem to like big government and state control of people and their lives.

But, what is not OK is people who are career breaders. People who choose to have multiple children whilst themselves, their partner, their grown up children and even now grandparents have never worked and have no intention of working.

The system is broken, but the system is injust, people would work if there was a free-market, and they had the freedom to work for themselves without being subject to monopoly of land and money and in turn trade.

I am not saying that we should stop people breading. What should stop is the permanent status quo state funding after 2. If you want any more little dahlings, pay for it yourself.

Most working people with children are on benefits, your parents probably claimed them for you, and if you find anybody to breed with you, then you will most likely claim too.

Give us this day our daily bread...

We have had welfare in this country for over 400 years, and there have been fixed pries for bread many times throughout the ages.

What time do you speak of?

Food was plentiful...

People should be capable of doing this anyhow, agriculture takes up a very small amount of the collective labour of the UK population, it is only due to monopolies and cartels that many are priced out, primarily the monopolies upon land and of currency.

Don't be daft, we an produce more, and more, and more.

You seem to like big government and state control of people and their lives.

The system is broken, but the system is injust, people would work if there was a free-market, and they had the freedom to work for themselves without being subject to monopoly of land and money and in turn trade.

Most working people with children are on benefits, your parents probably claimed them for you, and if you find anybody to breed with you, then you will most likely claim too.

:clap: I applaud you sir!

How much was the cheapest "fixed price" for bread? Was it more or less in real terms than bread costs now? I'm going to hazzard a guess at considerably more. People just have messed up priority nowadays. Feeding the family comes behind the drug habit, the smoking habit, the alcohol habit, and the iphone habit.

Yes we should. Back in the "good old days" your breading habit was your problem.

If you choose to have multiple children and could not afford to feed them all - tough. One or two of them died.

Now we have a very wonderful welfare state that prevents all that. People's breading habits are supported by healthcare, monies, personal support, food, childcare and a whole range of other services to protect the poorest in society and allow them to look after their kids.

However, money and resources are not infinite and if the state is funding your children for generation after generation, you are damn right we should be able to control birth numbers.

If you have a job, security and can pay for children - fine. If you lose your job and are TEMPORARILLY in need of state help - fine.

But, what is not OK is people who are career breaders. People who choose to have multiple children whilst themselves, their partner, their grown up children and even now grandparents have never worked and have no intention of working.

I am not saying that we should stop people breading. What should stop is the permanent status quo state funding after 2. If you want any more little dahlings, pay for it yourself.

But what you actually said is different. I work 40 hours a week for myself and make what is supposed to be a "living wage" I'll admit I would struggle if I didn't get the help I do, but if a state has been created that a working man (regardless of what job and pay state) doesn't have the right to have children then there is something fundamentally wrong!

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 14:01 ----------

As I side note I work for myself and am trying to build a business, if that succeeds and am fortunate enough to be well off in the future I will be more than happy for my higher tax, helps people carry out their basic human right have bringing children into the world!

I also think one of the main inducements is that they will get help; counselling, drug rehab, whatever.

It seems a shame that the only way they can access help is to demean themselves on a show like this.

Or perhaps some don't mind going on the telly demeaning themselves, to them it would be worth it for a few moments of fame.

One forummer stated that they had appeared on the show for the money and a nights stay in a hotel.:hihi:http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8731052&postcount=31

How much was the cheapest "fixed price" for bread? Was it more or less in real terms than bread costs now? I'm going to hazzard a guess at considerably more. People just have messed up priority nowadays. Feeding the family comes behind the drug habit, the smoking habit, the alcohol habit, and the iphone habit.

Back in the day drugs were MUCH MUCH cheaper.

Let's break the monopolies and punistive taxes...

Let's have cannabis at £5/kg, instead of £5/g.

Let's have heroin at £50/kg instead of £50/g.

Let's have a litre of vodka at £1 instead of £16

Let's have tobacco at £2/kg instead of £230+/kg.

Let's have new build houses at £30k instead of £120k-300k.

Let's have rent based upon a 6% yield of build cost + maintenance (a mere 3-5 hours of minimum wage labour per week - i.e. £20-30 per week)

Then we won't be worried about people spending a mere week's wages on a phone. And they could have plenty of money left over to spend less than 20% of their wages on decent food.

And let's get rid of the monopoly of food production so landless people can utilise land and grow fruit, veg and rear livestock, and in turn bring the price of fruit, veg and meat down, whilst increasing the quality!

Side effects may include rising living standards for the common man, a booming economy instead of a boom-bust land economy, increased leisure time spent upon culture and real wealth, capital formation etc.

How many people in Britain owned their own homes, drank vodka, took heroin or smoked cannabis in the days of fixed price bread?

It reminds me of the social tourism of the French and British aristocracy in the 18th Century - going to asylums and places like that for their entertainment.

I don't think the show is responsible. Yes they provide an 'aftercare service', but the purpose of the show is entertainment at other peoples expense.

Unfortunately it is part of a tranche of programmes like Geordie Shore and its Liverpool and Cardiff counterparts where the audience is invited to laugh at and feel disgusted by people who are supposed to be part of the underclass

Perhaps there ought to be a programme mocking the obnoxious rich? But then that would be class war :roll:

When I've watched it, I can't help but think that the auto-cue person left the screen on 'at the end of the day', then sodded off to the pub.

I love Jeremy Kyle . I know it winds people up , but I laugh out loud at some of the waste of spaces that are on there. Just turn it off if you don't like it .

That's not the issue. The issue is that negative TV shows like that and sensationalist rubbish published in the media are used to influence public opinion and generally for political reasons. You only have to look at some of the replies on here to see that.

And where is my previous post?

That's not the issue. The issue is that negative TV shows like that and sensationalist rubbish published in the media are used to influence public opinion and generally for political reasons. You only have to look at some of the replies on here to see that.

And where is my previous post?

It's certainly not wholesome positive viewing, and I totally understand what you're saying, but I really don't think it's that complicated. The only agenda being chased, is one of making money for the show's producers; beyond that, there is no agenda.

... but if a state has been created that a working man (regardless of what job and pay state) doesn't have the right to have children then there is something fundamentally wrong!!

Everyone has a right to have children but not a right for others to foot the bill.

That said, I'm happy for the State to help out most people struggling to make ends meet. My problem is with the feckless, lazy and selfish chav class who I think need to experience abject poverty to get them to change their ways.