Forgot to put your handbrake on??

Is there anyone on here from Birley Spa Lane to confirm that the "Thundering Juggernauts" cause houses to shake and cars to jump off driveways?

My mother lives on Birley Spa Lane, has done since 1974 and I grew up there. There has been NO problems with lorries, few go down there really, and the speedsters were stopped a while ago with all the speed bumps etc.

I know where that house is, and the owner reverses out, near a zebra crossing, a bus stop and the busy shops, crazy!

Not sure his insurance company will believe the claims - it would have to be a huge vibration to move a car like that. In earthquake countries cars don't roll like that, so why would it on Birley Spa Lane?

What a plant pot (there are a few in the film aswel).

What ever happened to "dropping a clanger", quickly trying to put it right and hope and pray nobody had seen anything? this is a pure case of blame anybody (no matter how remote or week) for your own failures.

Surely, if this was to happen, surely Meadowhall would just be a pile of brocks by now, because of the daily number of cars rolling down Jenkin Hill because the bus had made there handbrake fail.

Thought the police could now give on the spot fines for poor driver behavior? this one deserves 2, and a extra one for trying it on.

Pull the other one, its got bells on.

Feel better now, gona go boring work now, bye.

One thing though that a few people have picked up on is that of driving forwards onto a driveway. Sometimes, especially on a busy road where visibility whilst reversing out into the road is good - it is actually safer to reverse out than to reverse into the drive. In fact, in the case in mind it is almost certainly safer to drive forwards onto the drive and reverse out as to reverse in would mean stopping on Zig-Zags.

I don't understand your point. In reverse, you have less visibility. So how is it safer to reverse from an area where there is no traffic (the drive) to an area where there is a lot of traffic (a main road)? It is safer the other way round, and the highway code states that.

Dont worry about it dear... blame the lorries :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2013-08-19/family-call-for-action-over-lorry-rat-runners-after-hefty-repair-bill/

Im sorry but REALLY??? I cant believe this rubbish

Nobody mentioned the busses that pass every 4 minutes

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?ll=53.347567,-1.377279&spn=0.000266,0.000477&cbp=12,310.93,,0,10.74&layer=c&panoid=mlsNCSBu2o_r2X8ys-7tMQ&cbll=53.347572,-1.377331&dg=opt&t=h&z=21

Plenty of room between the road and the car... even bricks on the driveway so you know when to stop...

My verdict - Left handbrake off whilst resting on the bricks

Thats car has an electronic handrake. When you take out the key it automatically applies it so i cant see how the owner left the hand brake off.

Someone said earlier it had a manual handbrake?

How do you know it's electric, is it a standard item across the range or an upgrade?

I don't understand your point. In reverse, you have less visibility. So how is it safer to reverse from an area where there is no traffic (the drive) to an area where there is a lot of traffic (a main road)? It is safer the other way round, and the highway code states that.

Perhaps they have eyes in the back of their head?

I agree that I find it much easier to look out the front of the vehicle than the back.

Thats car has an electronic handrake. When you take out the key it automatically applies it so i cant see how the owner left the hand brake off.

It also has a start stop button and the key is a card, which if this woman is a daft as she seems to be, would probably be left in very easily

It also has a start stop button and the key is a card, which if this woman is a daft as she seems to be, would probably be left in very easily

Ahhhhhhhhhh, yes your right.

Stupidly i left my key card in my megane (when i had one) and couldnt work out why it was slowly creeping forward. Thankfully i was on a more or less flat road with only the tiniest incline so i was able to hop back in and retrieve my card.:blush:

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 11:21 ----------

How do you know it's electric, is it a standard item across the range or an upgrade?

As far as i now it was standard across the range.

Perhaps they have eyes in the back of their head?

I agree that I find it much easier to look out the front of the vehicle than the back.[/QUOTE]

That's why they put the steering wheel at that end:D

As far as i now it was standard across the range.

Quick google says it was only an option, standard on the larger scenic.

Haha, nice try, but as transparent as cling film pants. :hihi:

I can clearly see there nuts!

Quick google says it was only an option, standard on the larger scenic.

Ooops, yes your right. Mine was the larger one, not the grand scenic but the one before. The 5 seater.

Sorry for the confusion people :)