Workers from Bulgaria and Romania up 26%

Does anyone think the "left" in this country give a damn about British working people?

Does anyone think the "left" in this country give a damn about British working people?

If you mean Labour and the lefty grass roots of the LibDems, then clearly they don't give a damn about working people.

Unless you're an immigrant worker it's not really about work any more anyway. It's about how much you are willing to do as an individual to keep the national debt bubble growing. The more debt you take the more the banks will like you ;)

To some extent, but it keeps wages low, so many jobs pay NMW today that paid far more in the past and still would today if not for mass immigration.

There are immigrants working illegally for less than the NMW as well.

Like I said, don't employers want to pay their staff as little as possible?

Are you suggesting that anyone on the "right" does?

Welcome to food bank Britain.

No because apparently they are all work shy benefit scroungers.

The question isn't Why, it's how are they able to find work?

Maybe they have a more satisfying work ethic. Ours is a bit tarnished thanks largely to the popuar belief that we're lazy.

Although both overseas workers and Brits would be entitled to the same (minimum) wage, it doesn't quite work like that. I've heard reports that the minimum wage here is 10 times higher than in some of the countries where the workers come from. So if someone comes here works hard, say in two jobs, lives in multi shared accommodation, lives very sparsely and spends little, they can save up a small fortune when the money is taken back home. Enough to set themselves up for life.

Then there are those who send money home every week, which would be worth much more back in the homeland.

So if we were offered the opportunity to go and work in some other country and be paid £65.00 per hour doing some menial job we'd all jump at the chance...

Many years ago thousands of Britsh construction workers went to work in Germany when there was a skills shortage there. My research has shown that these Brits had a general opinion that the Germans were lazy! Much the same as is said of our own construction workers now in comparison to Poles, for example, who are competing for jobs now.

The people who do come here are the most ambitious of the nations they belong to. In their own societies there are those dependent on charity or state support for the means to live. We don't see them though.

Are you suggesting that anyone on the "right" does?

Welcome to food bank Britain.

As I understand it the use of food banks went up 10 fold when labour were in power....

What country do the pick picketers come from

Same with bank card scam device on atm ,s

It was not invented in the UK for sure

Different breed from the polish

Yes I agree good n bad in all

But UK is dropping to a poor standard of what it used to be

They are the same 'kettle of fish' as any other nation,because they are all individuals,good,bad and indifferent,generalising its people doesn't judge a nation,or why would UK employers and businesses be employing them in increasing numbers as the latest figures show?

So I was right then?

Well, like I said, I'm not sure where the figures come from but like the blogger said, which was basically 1 x 10 is not a lot compared to what has happened since the coalition seized power. I don't think you've read it have you?

EDIT

"Three things immediately become clear. Mr Cameron is absolutely right to say that the numbers of people being fed by food banks went up tenfold on Labour’s watch. There were fewer than 3,000 users in 2005/06 and more than 40,000 by the end of 2009/10.

But we are talking about relatively low numbers, so putting things in terms of percentages makes the increase sound bigger.

Compare that with the rise after the coalition comes to power: from 40,898 in 2009/10 to 128,697 in 2011/12."

Whichever way you look at it it isn't good.

You might want to read this. But remember it is a blog and therefore a personal view based on a few facts? http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/food-banks-is-cameron-on-the-money

It doesn't mention in the story or the verdict that the coalition allowed job centres to advertise the services of foodbanks. Perhaps this idea which seemed like a good one will backfire on them.

anyway let's get back on topic