Challenge: Feed yourself for less than £2 per day!

What about web-development? You could do something like that from home? Maybe focus on sites for small businesses, like B&B's or something? I've been looking up B&B's cos I need to stay over by the coast for a couple of days in October; and most of their websites are shockingly poor. Am sure it would help get them business, if they had better websites etc.

Just a suggestion. May or may not be for you, I don't know, but keep thinking! Maybe ask some of the business owners on here for advice? (not me though, I'm very small-fry and only know about mobile games).

• 1 month later...

Hi Ghozer,

Hopefully your through your tough spell and things are a little better.

My suggestion in addition to what people have already written would be to scour the edges of your local parks/nature walks. Currently it is a great time for blackberries (you'll find them on brambles, given the council haven't cut the parks back as much there are even more about this year) I've picked lots recently and made crumbles. You don't necessarily have to do a crumble which can end up being expensiveish if you don't already have already the ingredients but you could just use the fruit as free snacking food.

Ok, to help out... here's a list of foods I don't like (when I say don't like, I mean, to the point of physically making me gag when I eat it)

Tomatoes

Beans (any and all types)

Swede

Sweet Potato

Lentils

Mushrooms

Fish... really cannot stand ANY sea food

(Will add to, as I remember)

Then you also have to take into account things like, Butter, milk, cooking oil, and things people would normally just have in the house... I have NONE of them...

And something else, it's ok saying buy economy stuff, but it all depends on the closest shop to me that sells such things, I can't go to Lidl or Aldi as they are the opposite side of the city to me...

1/You need to find some farmers fields and see what crops can be had.

2/ Road kill

3/Apples are coming on nicely this time of year.Plus other fruit bearing trees and bushes.