Is Sheffield Council about to sell off bits of Graves Park YET AGAIN?

Not at all true. The properties were remortgaged several times, and that's what is now being paid for.

The original loans to build the facilities would have been paid off long ago, and of course we benefited from having those facilities for the past 30 years.

Not at all true. The properties were remortgaged several times, and that's what is now being paid for.

The original loans to build the facilities would have been paid off long ago, and of course we benefited from having those facilities for the past 30 years.

Well yes. Did the original games bring any genuine economic benefits at the time? It was before my time in Sheffield so I don't know much about it, except the staggering mismanagement of the loans, so much so I'm not sure how some of the Sheffield councillors have avoided criminal investigations for finance mismanagement.

oh well that makes it all ok then:loopy::huh: are these the same facilities that have just been knocked down??

Are you going to pretend that they weren't used for 30 years before being stupidly knocked down?

Refinancing the loans was stupid, knocking down the stadium was stupid. But to claim that we are actually still paying for the games now is disingenuous at best.

The Games were 25 years ago (1991), not 30 and Don Valley Stadium didn't even last that long.

Are you going to pretend that they weren't used for 30 years before being stupidly knocked down?

Refinancing the loans was stupid, knocking down the stadium was stupid. But to claim that we are actually still paying for the games now is disingenuous at best.

cause and effect!!??? the stadium had very little use compared to its cost in fact it was so little used that my kids school were able to it a couple of times for sports days, hardly commercial

cause and effect!!??? the stadium had very little use compared to its cost in fact it was so little used that my kids school were able to it a couple of times for sports days, hardly commercial

When ever we went down to the stadium there were chains on the gates. It's very easy to claim they weren't being used if you prevent folk from getting inside to use them.