How late is too late?

I live near a pub/club type place and last night when i couldnt sleep i was looking out the window and as the club was chucking people out (around 00.40 )there was a steady stream of children. From age about 4 to around 10. Am i the only one who thinks that this is way too late for a child that age to be up and about? Especially when they then have to stand for up to 20 minutes on a main road waiting for a taxi whilst some drunk adult is telling their mum "i ****in love you. I ****ing love your kids too"

So is it just me who thinks that kids that age should be in bed or is it ok for them to be awake at that time and surrounded by drunks?

There is a big difference between 4 and 10. Although after midnight is rather late.

I agree and when my kids were young I took them to lots of family gatherings (big family) where they would be out quite late..

The difference is that I do not drink alcohol at all so was always able to keep an eye on things with a clear mind. Some of the sights I see staggering out of the club with kids in tow is heart breaking :(

I agree and when my kids were young I took them to lots of family gatherings (big family) where they would be out quite late..

The difference is that I do not drink alcohol at all so was always able to keep an eye on things with a clear mind. Some of the sights I see staggering out of the club with kids in tow is heart breaking :(

Ive got to agree, its heartbreaking. One of the things that got me really annoyed was when one of the little ones who was obviously tired was pulling on her mums(?) dress, wanting a bit of attention.

She got it all right! I believe the words the adult used were "get the eff of and sit on that wall"

I was very tempted to go out and say something but i cant imagine it would have ended well.

I just hope it was a one off and shes actually a very good parent who will be devastated at her behaviour when she sobers up.

I went out to a pub last week. I didn't get there until 11pm and it seemed there was an 18th birthday party being held. There were a number of children, including one baby who can't have been more than a year old. I thought to myself when I arrived that the baby was being kept out late, and they were still there when I left at about 1.15am. And I think the group of people it was with were starting to cause trouble as well. I got out of there when people started shouting football chants from rival teams.

I don't think children should be out that late, if parents want to have a late night out they should get a babysitter. Even slightly older children get bored in pubs, and I don't think its the ideal place for them anyway.

Edited by Isabelle

To have a child means you agree to put your child first whatever not make them sit and do what you used to do before kids, where I live I hear/see parents walking back from the pub or party drunk at all times up until 1 or 2 in the morning and I agree with you it's too late.

To be fair, to go to the pub nowadays, you practically need children, to get tax credits to pay the highly regressive taxes upon alcohol.

Young working single men and women are poor.

Thy needs to be a parent with mutliple children to get an income through the speenhamland system to be able to afford a pint in the first place.

Single people on subsistence wages can't exactly frequent the boozer like they did in times gone by.