Where can you recycle stained clothing?

Where can you take old clothes nobody would wear (due to stains on them) to be recycled? We dont want to put them in a land fill if they could be recycled as we have 2 large black bags full that need to go asap.

I don't know if it is what you mean, but I've seen signs to buy old clothes by the kilogram.

One is on the left as you go down Corporation St,

and the other is on the left, in a pub cark park, as you drive on Attercliffe Rd (or Common).

At least I think that's where I've seen them.

Edit. But I think I read 50p/kg. If I'm right, it'll probably cost you more to take them there.

Edited by Eater Sundae
added a bit

I don't know why everyone goes on about landfill. Were you thinking of taking them to landfill yourself? Just kidding. Seriously, it does get on my nerves when people keep talking about saving things going to landfill when hardly any 'general waste' waste has gone to landfill for a long time. You will find that upwards of 92% of waste is recycled/ recovered.

A lot of clothing shops as you describe sell the clothes on. You need to find a company that tears the clothes up and sells them as cleaning rags. I don't know of any that do this on a small scale. Its usually large scale waste cloth they want.

I don't know if it is what you mean, but I've seen signs to buy old clothes by the kilogram.One is on the left as you go down Corporation St,

and the other is on the left, in a pub cark park, as you drive on Attercliffe Rd (or Common).

At least I think that's where I've seen them.

Edit. But I think I read 50p/kg. If I'm right, it'll probably cost you more to take them there.

Even though they are paying pennies [well ok 50p]they are still fussy about what they take,stained clothes are a no no.

we are trying to clear a flat asap got lots of clothing going to st lukes but these are not suitable to go there or to the clothes collection places so was just asking if anyone knows of anywhere that just recycle them, bin is already full so is not an option

As far as i know the RSPCA take in old blankets and sheets to use.

I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but H&M were accepting bags of clothes and handing out £5 vouchers for doing so. You have to spend so much to use the voucher, but the clothes can be worn and torn. They didn't even check mine when I handed them in so I think they'll take anything.

we are trying to clear a flat asap got lots of clothing going to st lukes but these are not suitable to go there or to the clothes collection places so was just asking if anyone knows of anywhere that just recycle them, bin is already full so is not an option

I've seen recycling bins for 'scrap' clothing, just trying to think where. Somewhere like a large Sainsbury's (Archer Road) that has a huge selection of recycling bins may have one. I know that's not much help, but I do know they exist!

Sheffield's recycling centres have skips for textiles. I've dumped old curtains there and old duvet covers.

thanks everyone, some helpful suggestions now, got old sheets and old duvet covers ect to take so thanks for suggesting where to take those too

Where can you take old clothes nobody would wear (due to stains on them) to be recycled? We dont want to put them in a land fill if they could be recycled as we have 2 large black bags full that need to go asap.

Blood stained clothing usually gets burned,so there won't be any evidence later.