Old sharrow memories

As this is my first time on this forum I will ask if anyone out there lived on LANSDOWN RD , or was in the old 139 sharrow st johns boy scouts.Also does anyone remember A pub called the STAR of BRUNSWICK on cemetery rd at cliff st. Hope this gets the ball rolling. sharrowyank

As this is my first time on this forum I will ask if anyone out there lived on LANSDOWN RD , or was in the old 139 sharrow st johns boy scouts.Also does anyone remember A pub called the STAR of BRUNSWICK on cemetery rd at cliff st. Hope this gets the ball rolling. sharrowyank

Gotcha' yes !.. I was in the 139 th. cubs.. then scouts.. for many years.. I played drums in the band.. We lived on Franklin street... and I do recall the 'Star of Brunswick'.. 'The Lansdowne'.. 'The Earl Grey' .. 'The Washington'...we did em' all.

Met most of my pals at Sharrow St. Johns... then went on to play drums in the Sheffield city scout band .. where we had a brass section and read music.

Cheers from.... DGJ. S20

Hi I lived on Club Garden road went to Sharrow st Johns cubs sunday school

Then went to School at the side Got my sweets from mrs tudor on CGR

Groceries from Stevensons on corner of Salmon street,

Penny loaf from bakery at bottom,

They demolished our house at corner of salmon street with two others all they built were some garages.

I remember playing in all back to back houses on franklin street before demolition, everybody seemed to have left a piano behind we had a tremendous bonfire that year

also in houses where flats stand at bottom of club garden road

Hi I lived on Club Garden road went to Sharrow st Johns cubs sunday school

Then went to School at the side Got my sweets from mrs tudor on CGR

Groceries from Stevensons on corner of Salmon street,

Penny loaf from bakery at bottom,

They demolished our house at corner of salmon street with two others all they built were some garages.

I remember playing in all back to back houses on franklin street before demolition, everybody seemed to have left a piano behind we had a tremendous bonfire that year

also in houses where flats stand at bottom of club garden road

Gotcha'... one of the piano's could have been ours !... we had the corner beer off on Franklin street/Salmon st. and used Stevensons as our wholesaler. We moved out in 66 ish. to leave the piano upstairs where we lived. I would imagine a lot were just bulldozed into the foundations and are probably still down there today. Cheers DGJ.

Gotcha'... one of the piano's could have been ours !... we had the corner beer off on Franklin street/Salmon st. and used Stevensons as our wholesaler. We moved out in 66 ish. to leave the piano upstairs where we lived. I would imagine a lot were just bulldozed into the foundations and are probably still down there today. Cheers DGJ.

I remember beer off closing down bought some things from there

What????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 19:36 ----------

Follow this link and find your piano

http://www.picturesheffield.com search Franklin st

Bring back memories for me

What????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 19:36 ----------

Follow this link and find your piano

http://www.picturesheffield.com search Franklin st

Bring back memories for me

Thanks for the link... manxbiker... fascinating to look back. I really wish I'd took more photo's of the area when I was a youth whilst living there....Cheers DGJ.

• 1 month later...