She can't be named

I can't believe he is still getting done for it.

I know, someone was entrusted to look after a vulnerable child, and he ended up having sex with her, and then rather than face the consequences he abducted her to a foreign country. What are the Police thinking about prosecuting him?

I can't believe he is still getting done for it.

Doing a spot of fishing?

May means is allowed to be and the court is allowing it. The girl was identified when she was missing but the rules cover court cases and there is now a court case. Just because she has been identified in the past doesn't mean she should be allowed to be identified now.

My point was that the court is not obliged, but can, order her name to be withheld. In this case they have ordered it, but IMO that's a pretty stupid order since her name is already widely known and has been reported at length.

I know, someone was entrusted to look after a vulnerable child, and he ended up having sex with her, and then rather than face the consequences he abducted her to a foreign country. What are the Police thinking about prosecuting him?

It was all mutual,plus the girl knew exactly what she was doing,she was not vulnerable at all.If she had been 16 and not 15 their would be no story.The thread about it when it 1st happened, was a 50-50 mixed feelings about it.

You can't believe someone accused of being a child abductor / paedophile is being tried? :suspect:

Anyone who has accused him of paedophilia must be confused as to the age of the girl involved, there is no suggestion that she is prepubescent.

You can't believe someone accused of being a child abductor / paedophile is being tried? :suspect:

We had all this from him on the previous thread - helped along by Mr Smith and occasionally lil minx. Apparently its love.

It was all mutual,plus the girl knew exactly what she was doing.If she had been 16 and not 15 their would be no story.The thread about it when it 1st happened, was a 50-50 mixed feelings about it.

There would as he was still in a position of authority.

Had she been 16 and he not her teacher, then there'd be no case and no story.

It was all mutual,plus the girl knew exactly what she was doing.If she had been 16 and not 15 their would be no story.The thread about it when it 1st happened, was a 50-50 mixed feelings about it.

She was 14 when it started.

Anyone who has accused him of paedophilia must be confused as to the age of the girl involved, there is no suggestion that she is prepubescent.

Depends if you apply the tabloid journalist definition of paedophile or the dictionary one ;)

If we hadn't already heard about this case when he ran off with the girl, there'd be plenty of newspapers branding him as a paedo, probably also while trotting out the "she probably asked for it" line at the same time.

There would as he was still in a position of authority.

Had she been 16 and he not her teacher, then there'd be no case and no story.

True,but apparently she instigated it all.But yeah,he could have said no because of his duty of care and just waited.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210971/Megan-Stammers-Jeremy-Forrest-devastated-love-story-brought-brutal-end.html

It's obviously a big temptation when there's an attractive young lass throwing herself at him, but for a teacher it's part of the job.

He should have told her not to be silly and find someone her own age.

Even so, I don't know how they can do him for abduction.

According to my dictionary abduction involves taking away by force, which clearly was not the case here.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/abduction

Whatever the court decides his career's over!

He took her out of the country without parental consent and she was a minor... What would you call it if not abduction?