protests in town 8/6/13

:

I didn't miss a riot, because there wasn't one. I was in town between 12 and 4.30 ish.

Loads of police, scuffles, crowds shouting, roads blocked, people kettled/contained, yes. Riot, no.

Ok ok - calm down love:hihi:

Edited by Daven

The Right-wingers in here need to cease their campaigns of misinformation. The EDL is a national disgrace.

Last time I had trouble with these animals and talked about it on here, one of you charming fellows attempted -weakly- to make it out that I was lying. Now your group has wreaked havoc on our streets and you deflect once more, how pathetic.

Also yes, the kid with the Jihad flag last week was reported, he has since apologised.

I have been following this all day, in fact, I saw their bigoted leader making a swift escape before leaving his rampant baboons loose on our city centre. He gave me an incredible scowl as he walked past (I'm a bearded muslim by the way). I just smiled at him with pity :) Loser.

That's not how it is being reported in the Star, but I suppose the Star isn't siding with its reporting of the incidents where as you clearly are.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 17:28 ----------

Many of them were just, as instructed, giving the peace sign, but some decided to ignore the instruction and did this. I imagine one side will say they were all doing one and the other side will claim they were all doing the other. As normal in these things, the truth lies in the middle.

I'm trying to work out the second photo. It is either one man with both his arms in the air or another chap with very strange elbow joints. :huh:

Many of them were just, as instructed, giving the peace sign, but some decided to ignore the instruction and did this. I imagine one side will say they were all doing one and the other side will claim they were all doing the other. As normal in these things, the truth lies in the middle.

The vast majority were giving the V sign, I saw three clearly giving nazi salutes, one of whom was stood about 3 yards in front of Mr Carroll who did nothing to stop him.

ALL the pics I have seen of reported Nazi salutes look more like V signs peace/victory

I have even spoken to one lad who went down and was in the with the anti-edl (more for some party or other he says than any demo) and he said the EDL were pretty quiet, some clapping and a few shouting back but the UAF (anti-EDL whatever) although mostly very harmless were a lot more aggressive in manner and quite a few gangs of plastic gangsta asian youths openly talking about attacking/stabbing EDL members

No doubt the EDL are going to attract Idiots/full on racist tails as well who want trouble but they seem to be generally kept in check by their own, The other side not so much and if you think they are some kind of representative of REAL sheffielders you are way off, most are chilling/doing their own thing but a lot are warming to the EDL and fed up of the UAF and their ilk and how they claim to rep ALL sheffield and all they can say when challenged/asked about what they have against them is RACIST/FASCIST/NAZI, come across about as intelligent as the dumber members of EDL

The anti-fascists haven't been making nazi salutes at the war memorial. And yes, there is photographic evidence.

How do you have photographic proof of someone not doing it. That's like saying you have photographic evidence that the Ripper didn't murder anyone because you have a photo of him in a pub with his mates.

What is this country comeing to when you cant go in town center in britsh shirt after all we are in Britain I think

Your argument might carry more weight if you could spell centre the British way.

How do you have photographic proof of someone not doing it. That's like saying you have photographic evidence that the Ripper didn't murder anyone because you have a photo of him in a pub with his mates.

I don't really understand what you're trying to get at, but if you think there aren't photos of the EDL giving the memorial nazi salutes then you'll be wrong. There are plenty of pictures of a handful of EDL supporters doing it, such as this one.

ALL the pics I have seen of reported Nazi salutes look more like V signs peace/victory

I have even spoken to one lad who went down and was in the with the anti-edl (more for some party or other he says than any demo) and he said the EDL were pretty quiet, some clapping and a few shouting back but the UAF (anti-EDL whatever) although mostly very harmless were a lot more aggressive in manner and quite a few gangs of plastic gangsta asian youths openly talking about attacking/stabbing EDL members

No doubt the EDL are going to attract Idiots/full on racist tails as well who want trouble but they seem to be generally kept in check by their own, The other side not so much and if you think they are some kind of representative of REAL sheffielders you are way off, most are chilling/doing their own thing but a lot are warming to the EDL and fed up of the UAF and their ilk and how they claim to rep ALL sheffield and all they can say when challenged/asked about what they have against them is RACIST/FASCIST/NAZI, come across about as intelligent as the dumber members of EDL

My Bold=

Like this picture= http://th6.eye.fi/api/rest/services/1.0/th/484727155/56788393fa1ae67bc2e74864ae5d4abc/640/_IGP8707.JPG

The Right-wingers in here need to cease their campaigns of misinformation. The EDL is a national disgrace.

Last time I had trouble with these animals and talked about it on here, one of you charming fellows attempted -weakly- to make it out that I was lying. Now your group has wreaked havoc on our streets and you deflect once more, how pathetic.

Also yes, the kid with the Jihad flag last week was reported, he has since apologised.

I have been following this all day, in fact, I saw their bigoted leader making a swift escape before leaving his rampant baboons loose on our city centre. He gave me an incredible scowl as he walked past (I'm a bearded muslim by the way). I just smiled at him with pity :) Loser.

Maybe you was one of 3 "bearded Muslims that apologised for the behaviour of a group of around 40 asian/Somalian men who tried to set upon 3 of us walking towards town?? I have no doubt you will say you never saw this, from what I saw today people from both groups should be ashamed especially the gang of young Asians who thought attacking anything white was a given right! Luckily this group was being followed by 6/7 older asian men who tried to keep some sort of control and respect.

They should have allowed the EDL to put the flowers down last week and this would not of happened.

Don't believe hardly anything the Star print because its lies! I heard a few chants by the EDL about Allah that were bang out of order but saw about 4/5 making nazi signs not the 6/700 that have been reported.

The UAF are a disgrace and did nothing but cause trouble most of the afternoon.

Yes the EDL are a national disgrace just like hate preachers and mislim Extremists oh and mosque leaders who allow hate to be preached and only condemn any action after its to late.

The British government are causing groups like the EDL to pop up by not dealing with issues that are being caused by haters on both sides.

I take pity on you sir and your lack of condemnation of any wrong doings by Muskims today.

Maybe you was one of 3 "bearded Muslims that apologised for the behaviour of a group of around 40 asian/Somalian men who tried to set upon 3 of us walking towards town?? I have no doubt you will say you never saw this, from what I saw today people from both groups should be ashamed especially the gang of young Asians who thought attacking anything white was a given right! Luckily this group was being followed by 6/7 older asian men who tried to keep some sort of control and respect.

They should have allowed the EDL to put the flowers down last week and this would not of happened.

Don't believe hardly anything the Star print because its lies! I heard a few chants by the EDL about Allah that were bang out of order but saw about 4/5 making nazi signs not the 6/700 that have been reported.

The UAF are a disgrace and did nothing but cause trouble most of the afternoon.

Yes the EDL are a national disgrace just like hate preachers and mislim Extremists oh and mosque leaders who allow hate to be preached and only condemn any action after its to late.

The British government are causing groups like the EDL to pop up by not dealing with issues that are being caused by haters on both sides.

I take pity on you sir and your lack of condemnation of any wrong doings by Muskims today.

Do you really believe that would have been the end of it ?

I don't really understand what you're trying to get at, but if you think there aren't photos of the EDL giving the memorial nazi salutes then you'll be wrong. There are plenty of pictures of a handful of EDL supporters doing it, such as this one.

I support the UAF. But in the interests of fairness, that really does look like one man with both hands in the air. Got anything more conclusive?