Mobile Phone Coverage

To be honest there were far better ways of checking for this, but I'm sure you had your very boring reasons.

I was thinking of using it in this bog standard Samsung phone till I get a bells and whistles smart phone later on...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/mobile-phones/slider/GT-E2530SRFTSC

2G signal travels better than 3G, since you're using a normal handset if you set it to 2G only you'll probably find you get better reception all over.

The option for it will probs be in the settings somewhere.

You only really need 3G for smartphones anyway.

I was thinking of using it in this bog standard Samsung phone till I get a bells and whistles smart phone later on...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/mobile-phones/slider/GT-E2530SRFTSC

That could very much rule 3 network out. The phone is not 3G and SIM card's changed with the introduction of 3G (to USIM). And 3 only issue USIM cards so won't work on a phone not designed to take them.

Edited by steroc

ha.......i got one of these a few weeks ago with o2 and have had nothing but problems..am taking it back to get money back.......not sure if its network coverage or what...phone manual is ****ttte tells you things like do not suck or chew phone...do not store on a sloping surface........but sweet fa about anything you need to do to sort out problems/settings etc......shame cos its a clamshell and got good feel to it and camera nice am well peeeed :(

Edited by Parvo

It's not rocket science deciding which is the best coverage for your home address.

When I moved here there was no coverage with vodaphone........

A few questions to the neighbours, folks in the local pub....and it was pretty obvious that O2 was the best coverage.

S12 is a big area.

O2 works perfectly in Intake but going down Ridgeway to Ford you lose signal altogether.

I may have a punt with 3 network then.

I have found O2 to have good coverage in S12

I would get some of the free/cheap pay and go sim cards and see which is best in your area and other places you normally use it, for example work.