New Cinema on The Moor - Light

if market cannot do owt,,cinema will :loopy:not

Eh? Show your working, love.

Why not do a bit of research? Over 165 million annual visits in the UK last year.

http://www.cinemauk.org.uk/facts-and-figures/admissions/monthly-uk-cinema-admissions-2006-2013/

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 07:55 ----------

If you can't go 2 hours without eating then you'd be better off at the doctor's. Or buy something at a supermarket and take it in.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 07:56 ----------

Because one trip to the cinema reflects every trip to the cinema.

no of cause not , just saying,

I went to Tesco once and there were only ten people in there, it must be failing :loopy:

"Just saying".

My first thought is that parking would be an issue.

But if it's not a new central cinema sounds like a good idea, especially for those without their own transport.

Just wondering; What sort of numbers go to the cimema these days?

Some films do look better on a big screen but once you start thinking about family attendance and add in thecombination the snacks and drink prices its not an inexpensive venture any more.

It's surrounded by huge empty car parks :huh:

It's surrounded by huge empty car parks :huh:

When it opens it will probably mean the end for the Odeon.

Plenty of people will walk to the new cinema as sheffield has a large city centre population these days.

Being mid way between the two unis will also make it popular with the studes.

no one people,just putting me right ,,lol,,

My first thought is that parking would be an issue.

But if it's not a new central cinema sounds like a good idea, especially for those without their own transport.

The Odeon and Showroom don't have their own carparks, so I'm sure it'll be fine and I'm fairly certain there's more carparking spaces in Sheffield city centre than cinema seats. If there's a cost issue there's a multi-storey over the road, which they could do a deal with if they felt it was an issue.

dont need a cinema down there what is needed is cheap bus link and something that will boost our town. we already got 3+ cinemas not doing great why build a 4th?

"We" aren't building a cinema; Light Cinemas wishes to, and your post omits to say why it shouldn't.

Just wondering; What sort of numbers go to the cimema these days?

Well Cineworld in Sheffield alone had 1.8 million admits last year if that gives any idea of how popular cinema is these days.

---------- Post added 20-06-2014 at 14:47 ----------

"We" aren't building a cinema; Light Cinemas wishes to, and your post omits to say why it shouldn't.

They seem to be under the impression that the current cinemas are struggling. Nice to know that as one of the top five busiest cinemas in the UK, Cineworld Sheffield is struggling ;)

Plenty of room in the Sheffield market for some healthy competition.

AND Cineworld has free parking on site (Tour de France permitting); 'Light' won't!