Why do OAPs get bus tickets?

Would an inspector be able to see that?

they could show him their pass? :hihi:

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 13:29 ----------

I'd rather have OAPs on buses instead of behind the wheel of a car :)

Too right!! i shudder at the thought of them driving lol

Surely in an age of cost cutting, travel companies want to reduce expenditures wherever they can.

Is there a reason OAPs get a bus ticket when they show their pass?

Doesn't seem like much but with the amount of old people clogging op the buses, I'd have thought the paper costs count up significantly over the year.

In the grand scheme of things I know it doesn't make much difference but it just seems a bit pointless to me to print out the ticket when they already have the pass. I'm actually just curious as to why more than anything.

And do we know why yet some buses have a gold star on them?

On a bus I'd much rather be sat next to an old person as they tend not to put their feet on the seat in front of them, swear loudly, take up both seats next to one another, conduct vapid conversations on mobile phones, or play loud music on their mp3/iphones.

Carry on clogging up buses old people!

There would be a log on the ticket machine of which passes had been scanned though, yes?

So you want the inspector to interrogate the ticket machine when he's on the bus and to match each oap pass with a person who is there? It's a lot easier just to walk down the bus and see who has a ticket surely?

So you want the inspector to interrogate the ticket machine when he's on the bus and to match each oap pass with a person who is there? It's a lot easier just to walk down the bus and see who has a ticket surely?

Fair point, I'm just thinking of way that could save paper :D

why wouldnt he tho?

Indeed, there would be no incentive for a driver NOT to scan the card, surely?