Insanely crazy guy on a bike

Hi

Has anybody seen a guy around town who's always on a small black mountain bike with a low seat?

I saw him yesterday riding down from Glossop road in Broomhill towards botanical gardens. he was going flat out stood up on the pedals over taking cars easy down the hill.... saw him set off from the lights too and he can accelerate rapid!

Saw him again on Ecclesall road today near Onestop, he waited for a good gap then shot off like the clappers and did a 3 car overtake and dusted the cars. He's got some crazy road racing skill.

Adrenaline junkie :hihi::loopy:

Edited by Doughnutman
Required a more punchy title

Yep, just like the rest of em. Nuts, and beyond reasoning. But I dont like to talk about it, so keep that to yourself or the entire posse of lycra clad cleat huggers will be on the case. :hihi::hihi:

noo, respect this guy, he's got the skills.

Apologies, i'll slow down in future.

A friend of mine does a lot of off-road cycling:gag:, on a mountain bike type, and to be fair, he is really good at it, jumping off edges and riding over logs etc, and ive had a go, and its really good fun. Much safer than on the roads, and although its still dangerous, there is no chance of colliding with a vehicle or a pram. I dont oppose bikes completely, I just think there will never be a compromise when it comes to using them on the roads, especially as these days the roads are so busy. That said, this guy could have easily got into a scrape with a motorist, which leads to all kinds of problems for both him and the motorist.

---------- Post added 07-05-2013 at 23:50 ----------

Apologies, i'll slow down in future.

MEG, please tell me you dont wear lycra????????????????????

MEG, please tell me you dont wear lycra????????????????????

Only when shopping in the city centre mate, it help slipstream past chuggers. :hihi:

Btw, you never watched this

?

This guy was a mentalist though

He should be able to see an accident before it happens then.

Megolithic

My gut said it was you . I have this vision of you in lycra shopping in centre .

Strange how a normally sensible Alcoblog can be affected by what he reads on here ... I now have a mental image of 'Megawiggins' cycling like the clappers through the traffic on Ecclesall Road, resplendent in a canvas body-stocking hastily fashioned from an old tent, whilst in hot pursuit of a De Lorean sports car. :hihi:

Strange how the mind causes tricks ...

Hi

Has anybody seen a guy around town who's always on a small black mountain bike with a low seat?

I saw him yesterday riding down from Glossop road in Broomhill towards botanical gardens. he was going flat out stood up on the pedals over taking cars easy down the hill.... saw him set off from the lights too and he can accelerate rapid!

Sounds more like one of those stunt bikes. Unfortunately a lot of them don't have brakes (other than shoe soles) --- those are actually not legal for road use.

The bloke is a menace to other road users the sooner he goes under a bus the better ,just hope the bus is not damaged.

The bloke is a menace to other road users the sooner he goes under a bus the better ,just hope the bus is not damaged.

How so, if he doesn't hit anything? To be a menace requires a threat. Do you really feel threatened inside your steel box, or are you just worried on some perfectly rational level about your paintwork?

I think you need to distinguish between genuine physical threat and fear of financial loss. Not to belittle the second but it is not the same thing, and certainly not worth wishing somebody under a bus for...

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 11:50 ----------

Sounds more like one of those stunt bikes. Unfortunately a lot of them don't have brakes (other than shoe soles) --- those are actually not legal for road use.

Some BMX bikes are run 'brakeless' for reasons known only to people much younger and trendier than I. Pretty much all full size bikes - 'jump', trials and certainly mountain bikes - have brakes on both wheels. And I doubt he's on a BMX judging by the speeds allegedly involved...

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 11:52 ----------

PS I'm not defending this guy by the way as I've never witnessed his riding. Just trying to provide a bit of clarification...