'Forge Valley have failed ofsted inspection

Have decided that it's no use looking at what has happened in the past, we need to look forward! Our children are going to a school that has been put into special measures. I don't want to hear any excuses at the meeting on Thursday, I want answers and what exactly they are going to do to get things up to scratch! It's 8 weeks since the ofsted inspection, what changes have they made since then??? And I'm sorry, but the " this is a new school and all new schools have a dip" does just not cut it!!

Wow .....you know how to turn schools round in just 8 weeks :cool:

Don't forget to send your CV to these guys....................

http://www.education.gov.uk/

Have decided that it's no use looking at what has happened in the past, we need to look forward! Our children are going to a school that has been put into special measures. I don't want to hear any excuses at the meeting on Thursday, I want answers and what exactly they are going to do to get things up to scratch! It's 8 weeks since the ofsted inspection, what changes have they made since then??? And I'm sorry, but the " this is a new school and all new schools have a dip" does just not cut it!!

What you want is exactly what is required by the Inspectors.

The school will have to produce a plan to take them out of Special Measures and Ofsted will approve (or not) the plan and monitor progress with regular inspections.

Ofsted will be happy to receive your comments. Did you supply any comments at the original inspection?

No I'm not expecting them to turn the school around in 8 weeks!! However I am expecting that they should have a plan of action and that they have at least made a start on things!!

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 09:07 ----------

Yes I did supply comments for the inspection, along with the other 49 people!! 50 out of 1300 was a bit of a joke really! Was it that people didn't realise how bad things were or was it they didn't get the letter home or was it that it was head in the sand syndrome, I don't know?? I just hope that parents will now get behind the school and push them to improve things!!

They certainly should have a plan of action. From what I've heard though sounds like the inspection wasn't entirely fair or accurate. 50 out of 1300 is possibly due to the short time window when parents can submit their views on parent view, Tapton had 82 from 1667 on roll.

One of the biggest and most influential aspects of a successful school is the role of parents and the quality of their parenting. I would guess that teachers at Tapton, Notre Dame, Silverdale etc are no better to the teachers at FV, same with the natural intelligence of the kids.

Unfortunately some kids don't get the parenting they need and deserve.

Key findings on this report

http://www.nationalcollege.org.uk/impact-of-parental-involvement-2.pdf

Key findings

Parental involvement in children’s education from an early age has a significant effect on

educational achievement, and continues to do so into adolescence and adulthood.1

The quality and content of fathers’ involvement matter more for children’s outcomes than the

quantity of time fathers spend with their children.2

Family learning can also provide a range of benefits for parents and children including

improvements in reading, writing and numeracy as well as greater parental confidence in

helping their child at home.3

The attitudes and aspirations of parents and of children themselves predict later educational

achievement. International evidence suggests that parents with high aspirations are also

more involved in their children’s education.4

In 2007, around half of parents surveyed said that they felt very involved in their child’s school

life. Two thirds of parents said that they would like to get more involved in their child’s school

life (with work commitments being a commonly cited barrier to greater involvement).5

Levels of parental involvement vary among parents, for example, mothers, parents of young

children, Black/Black British parents, parents of children with a statement of Special

Educational Needs are all more likely than average to be very involved in their child’s

education.5

They certainly should have a plan of action. From what I've heard though sounds like the inspection wasn't entirely fair or accurate. 50 out of 1300 is possibly due to the short time window when parents can submit their views on parent view, Tapton had 82 from 1667 on roll.

One of the biggest and most influential aspects of a successful school is the role of parents and the quality of their parenting. I would guess that teachers at Tapton, Notre Dame, Silverdale etc are no better to the teachers at FV, same with the natural intelligence of the kids.

Unfortunately some kids don't get the parenting they need and deserve.

Key findings on this report

http://www.nationalcollege.org.uk/impact-of-parental-involvement-2.pdf

Key findings

Parental involvement in children’s education from an early age has a significant effect on

educational achievement, and continues to do so into adolescence and adulthood.1

The quality and content of fathers’ involvement matter more for children’s outcomes than the

quantity of time fathers spend with their children.2

Family learning can also provide a range of benefits for parents and children including

improvements in reading, writing and numeracy as well as greater parental confidence in

helping their child at home.3

The attitudes and aspirations of parents and of children themselves predict later educational

achievement. International evidence suggests that parents with high aspirations are also

more involved in their children’s education.4

In 2007, around half of parents surveyed said that they felt very involved in their child’s school

life. Two thirds of parents said that they would like to get more involved in their child’s school

life (with work commitments being a commonly cited barrier to greater involvement).5

Levels of parental involvement vary among parents, for example, mothers, parents of young

children, Black/Black British parents, parents of children with a statement of Special

Educational Needs are all more likely than average to be very involved in their child’s

education.5

Wondrboy - I agree with you.

The only other comment I would make is that many of the kids at the schools you name have their school education supplemented by tutors . My own kids have / do attend Tapton and 3 out of the 4 have had tutors. Without that additional support I do wonder if those schools would still achieve the results they do. I don't think my children would have.

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 13:10 ----------

No I'm not expecting them to turn the school around in 8 weeks!! However I am expecting that they should have a plan of action and that they have at least made a start on things!!

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 09:07 ----------

Yes I did supply comments for the inspection, along with the other 49 people!! 50 out of 1300 was a bit of a joke really! Was it that people didn't realise how bad things were or was it they didn't get the letter home or was it that it was head in the sand syndrome, I don't know?? I just hope that parents will now get behind the school and push them to improve things!!

I hope the parents get behind the school and support them to improve things.

U all keep saying get behinde and surport the school but

do they surport us parents no they dont iv had loads of meetings

with staff and head teacher and all they do is patronise

you say they going to make changers and sort things out

but do nothing in the end my child had lots of issues

and was told by senco teacher that because she can reaf

and rite she dosent come under there critiria so if your

child can read n write any other problems dont matter

iv now taken.my child out of school the governers do nothing

they all just give u false promises i think it needs new trained

staff and a head teacher who knows how to run a school

Will you be teaching your child now you have taken it out of school?

U mean my child not it and no im.not teaching her my

child has been provided an education as school have admitted

fault in failing to provid an education lots of problems

with the school carnt realy go into it but after 18 months

Of me digging my heals in they admitted wrong doing

I don't think your experience of trying to get help for a child that can read and write is exclusive to FV - other schools also struggle with the individual requirements of pupils hence my previous comment about the parents at other schools supplementing the school education with tutors ; should they have to do that?.