What is Parson Cross really like now?

I have an employee who has lived on Palgrave for 15 years up to last year. If it is the part up from the shops and opposite the surgery and school playing fields then it is fine. Turn left from the shops and it is a bit untidy and you may have youths hanging around the shops. Both my employees have lived on the X all their lives and have no problems living there but saying that they have nowhere else to compare it with.

I had to live on the Arbourthorne 5 years ago and although it was only for 5 weeks I never got a nights sleep. I stopped locking the van up it was to expensive on lock repairs. Had the battery nicked the spare tyre, my 1 month old car was broken into and so was the garden shed. But saying that I have worked on the Manor and had my mixer nicked while it was still mixing, my employee had his scooter nicked on Hurlfield Avenue and was threatened with violence for using a concrete breaker at 9am on the Woodthorpe, so what big Council estate is safe?

I have lived in Meersbrook (near Manor Top) and now Lane Top (between Parsons Cross and Firth Park).

We only moved to this area as knew someone who had lived on the same road for years and few of their family members live round here too so new it would be ok.

I think Parsons Cross is much better than Manor Top, I drive though Parsons Cross a fair bit and although there has been gang problems, ive never seen it and seems like an ok area. Manor though is proper rough and I would never live there, but it had to would live in Parsons Cross.

I'm not sure comedical is a word.

and I'm not sure that post is relevant to the thread,

Where does it say what it is like to live in Parson Cross?

I have family who live there, and I live in Shiregreen and it I had the chance I would swap places with them, it is a nicer area than it is here now.

I'm not sure comedical is a word.

Hmmm, I knew it didn't sound right.... Haha:loopy:

Hmmm, I knew it didn't sound right.... Haha:loopy:

I do that at times I know the word I want and it won't come to me, I think the word you were looking for was comical...........:)

I do that at times I know the word I want and it won't come to me, I think the word you were looking for was comical...........:)

I think I was thinking of comedic. Anyway it's detracting from the original post. Parson Cross is mostly fine!

Crime isn't as bad it's seems petty like washing stolen and shed gets broken into 2-3 times a month. We live with the back yard backing onto the park So they kinda off and away with things in the woods.

What is annoying is the waft of weed as you walk around the streets. I think it's quiet rife around here growing and smoking the stuff.

We don't seem to get gangs of can wielding dog toting jobless morons we once did too.

The only annoying thing is deerlands avenue being used as a racetrack daily. But other than that things have gone quiet.

I kno u and u kno me too lol..... I'm also moving away from Arbourthorne very soon x

Ha ha ya user name is a dead give away :)

Haha, I set that up years ago when I still had 9! X

Ha ha that's funny in a sort of way x

We've been offered a house up there but I have heard so much bad stuff about the area.

I currently live on what's supposed to be one of the worst roads on arbourthorne and have no trouble so I'm sure things are not always as they may seam.

I would like to hear from people who live there now not people who have never lived there and just want to say its god a bad name.

I'm worried about the amount of break ins and have been told there are loads of gangs about.

It was only jan this year I read an old couple were robbed in their own home on the road we've been offered but I'm aware things like this happen all over.

Also what's the local school meynell primary like?

Thank you for and informative comments :)

I've lived on both Arbourthorne and Parson Cross, but many many moons ago.

If you've been happy enough at Arbourthorne I'm sure you'll be ok on Parson Cross.

I was banished from the estate in 1976 for getting 8 O-Levels :hihi:

BTW...your signature is due an update.;)