Partying in the streets due to Maggie Thatcher

They are. In protesting against Thatcher they are protesting against rising energy prices. If we had coal, we wouldn't be so much at the mercy of these companies. She also privatised the energy companies, which, like every corporation since Thatcher it seems, have become greedier and greedier.

The coal mines would be closing now in the move to clean energy anyway.

The coal mines would be closing now in the move to clean energy anyway.

You do know that coal is used to make your 'clean energy' don't you?

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 09:19 ----------

Are there any street parties going off in Sheffield today?

Maye i should start a street party to celebrate the death of Hitler?

He's dead but im sure alot of people didnt agree with any of his policies.

Maybe if we protest it might make a difference & change things.

:hihi:

They are protesting against her polices I guess - which they couldn't do at the time she made them because THEY WERE NOT ALIVE.

BUT SHE'S DEAD!

People protest to change something or make a difference. Whats gonna change?

Yes, I remember seeing one of the people on the streets celebrating, being interviewed on the news. He described her death as "a victory". It's funny, I didn't hear a news item at the same time saying that hundreds of pits had re-opened.

I am sure at the time of his death some did protest /celebrate . As people have all over the world when other significant leaders have died.

I didn't know Hitler died today too. That's a coincidence. Are we paying for his funeral as well? I suppose, if they wanted to, Germany could easily afford a lavish funeral, as they didn't have a short-sighted prime minister that rid Germany of it's manufacturing industry, so are not in the mess we are today.

They are protesting against her polices I guess - which they couldn't do at the time she made them because THEY WERE NOT ALIVE.

What is the point in protesting about about something from the past that cannot be changed,it just does not make any sort of logical sense.Smashing shop windows like they did last week speaks volumes about their level of intelligence.

What is the point in protesting about about something from the past that cannot be changed,it just does not make any sort of logical sense.Smashing shop windows like they did last week speaks volumes about their level of intelligence.

If she had died in power would that have made logical sense?