Blades vs Brentford (MATCHTHREAD)

Well.... It was nice to believe for a short while.

The celebration after the second goal was mental.... But it was just not to be.

The referee was the star of the show, yellow cards for everything.

4 penalties, 2 missed, 3 red cards, plenty of yellows, plenty of contentious decisions.

It's not often both sets of fans come away thinking the red was absolutely dire.

Not sure what happened on their second penalty, looked to me that long just claimed it.

Blades time wasting again with 9 minutes plus injury time (surprised there was only 6 minutes) and Brentford took advantage, fair play to them.

They had pace in their team, we had barely any.

Also Keith Stroud is from Bournemouth :suspect: Makes you wonder

Also Keith Stroud is from Bournemouth :suspect: Makes you wonder

The fact that he's a Premier league ref says it all.

Steady Pete, still got 9 points to play for, you just never know...:hihi::hihi:

Got it sussed Rich, if we don't finish 3rd we'll go up, every time it's 3rd we fail, I do hope we succeed this season. I know there's 9 points but if we'd have won last night it would still be in our hands, now it's totally out of our hands

Addendum

I cannot promise anything but working on the wife, if we get to P Off final to let me go down with a minder in my wheelchair. It's on my bucket list to see them win a final so maybe this year, my dream could come true.

If my health stays as it is for next few weeks then maybe she'll let me go as long as she knows I'll have someone to chaperone me.

I know my mate would take me, but as I say its just a pipe dream and a total one off, she won't let me go to BDTBL, no matter how hard I beg, but not been to new Wembley and she knows what it would mean to me. fella.

Edited by Bypassblade

When a home player is taking a penalty the home fans behind the goalnet ought to turn off the flash on their cameraphones because I imagine it is quite distracting seeing a bright light going at a tense moment like that. No wonder he hit the post twice in 2 penalties!

When a home player is taking a penalty the home fans behind the goalnet ought to turn off the flash on their cameraphones because I imagine it is quite distracting seeing a bright light going at a tense moment like that. No wonder he hit the post twice in 2 penalties!

If any player has got anything about them, they shut out factors like that it's a free shot from 12 yards, it was a poor pen. Instead of trying to break the net, he should have placed it, Robson's was a great pen.

Been to Childrens hospital with youngest and she asked to play games on it I must learn to turn off internet when they use it I had turned off calls but forgot t'internet thingy lol

(Nowt serious)

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 23:55 ----------

I total waste of time the poster is even disliked by the blue side as well as us

A poor attempt at a wind up from a nonentity who wants to be noticed with a love affair with the report button

A nonentity in the Past Present and a nonentity in the Future

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 00:16 ----------

Yes the thread was posted as a joke aimed at the person who made the previous 2 a person I have on ignore and only posts if we lose

His post earlier tonight shows what even your posters think about him FYI the thread was removed at my request no one elses as it seems you were getting upset by it no one else was , also may I add the thread in question there was no mention of 'before you all start/reply' I said what I wanted to then said biiiiiiii

Remind you of someone if not may I bring these threads to your attention

1 which TBH there are no problems with and;-

2 (This one which even a mod commented that it should have been removed) both of which did exactly what you are blaming me for -Opening a thread then disappearing But at the end of the day he is one of yours that makes it different:roll::roll:

Lots of people know I haven't been well it has not been a secret

paul i agree about aaron im realistic and can see what you mean both sides have em.. so no its not different when its one of ours:roll:..

you did say something 'ALONG THE LINES' of basically ner ner ner now im off before you all have a go which i found personaly pathetic..

i will draw a line under it on my part now as it is getting silly and i dont wish to cause you anymore stress.. all my point is, is dont give it if you cant take it for whatever reasons...

UTO

I'm home from the match and I still cannot believe what I've just seen .

The referee tonight was absolutely terrible for both sides .

We got done for pace far too often .

1st half we just couldn't cope with them on the break

I'll just add at half time Flynn ( mr weak) was subbed thank god another awful performance to add to his catalogue of them ,no pace no skill no shots no strength transfer list please .

2nd half much improved but the ref made the game impossible at times , no fluency just poor refereeing time after time ( for both sides )

How he sent Maguire off il never know but at least it was 2 yellows so he will only miss one game I suppose .

Gutted we couldn't hold on but there was nothing a tired Collins could do against a lightning quick Wright Phillips at the end , fair play to Brentford with 9 men to still try to play football.

Was a bit mystified as to why he didnt use any of the youngsters that did so well Saturday .

Fantastic atmosphere and a great crowd ( again both sets of supporters ) brentford must have fetched nearly 2-000 on a tuesday night .

Morgan again got us up for it I'm afraid we just met our match that's all .

Play offs here we come .

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 23:08 ----------

Another pointless post from a pointless poster

Nothing in the subject being discussed ( thought was against the rules ) never mind .

I also see you've not commented on your own teams match thread :loopy: surprise

Even the owls on here must see you for what you are !

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 23:09 ----------

Don't need it we have been that many times :hihi:

It's our second home

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 23:10 ----------

I'd love it to happen but I'm afraid it's the play offs now for me :(

I agree with your assessment of the game. One thing that disappointed me was Morgan playing wingers on the "wrong" side. Murphys cross from the right for the 2nd goal was brilliant and if he played that side he'd do it more often. Just what Kitson and Porter need in my opinion. I would play Murphy on the right and McFadzean on the left.

If any player has got anything about them, they shut out factors like that it's a free shot from 12 yards, it was a poor pen. Instead of trying to break the net, he should have placed it, Robson's was a great pen.

If any fans cared about getting promoted then they would have a flash on behind the goal post when a player is trying to score a penalty under intense pressure.

It was a poor pen but when you are trying to focus and there's someone with a bright light in the crowd just behind where you are trying to aim, I imagine it is quite off putting. He will have placed, much the same as Robson placed it, there was only a few millimetres difference between the two of them!

We all saw what happened to Tom Daley when he had a problem with flashes in the Olympics.

If any fans cared about getting promoted then they would have a flash on behind the goal post when a player is trying to score a penalty under intense pressure.

It was a poor pen but when you are trying to focus and there's someone with a bright light in the crowd just behind where you are trying to aim, I imagine it is quite off putting. He will have placed, much the same as Robson placed it, there was only a few millimetres difference between the two of them!

We all saw what happened to Tom Daley when he had a problem with flashes in the Olympics.

I didn't I had zero interest in the Olympics, as I say professionals should be used to this, they put themselves in the limelight. It is United's & Danny Wilson's fault that once again we find ourselves in the lottery of the P Offs, yet again 7th time if not mistaken.

Wilson should have been sacked months ago & we should have gone for Mick McCarthy, look how he's transformed Ipswich.

[/b]

I didn't I had zero interest in the Olympics, as I say professionals should be used to this, they put themselves in the limelight. It is United's & Danny Wilson's fault that once again we find ourselves in the lottery of the P Offs, yet again 7th time if not mistaken.

Wilson should have been sacked months ago & we should have gone for Mick McCarthy, look how he's transformed Ipswich.

not sure Mick McCarthy would have stepped down to league 1 from the prem mate i would imagian any team in league 1 couldnt match the salary hes on at ipswitch... therfore was prob never even in consideration