Money gone out of my bank account

I wonder if anyone can help me. I checked my on line bank account today and found that 2 sums of money have been taken out with a £1.50 overseas charge added on as well. It says that my debit card was used. I rang my bank and they told me that it was an adult site and that I had subscribed to it monthly and it would be taken out each month. I told them I haven't done any such thing and could they tell me who it was. They gave me a telephone number but it is an american number and there is no code on it. How have they got my details, and how can I get my money back? I am extremely worried now as I dont know how they have got my details. Any advice on what I can do would be appreciated.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I checked my on line bank account today and found that 2 sums of money have been taken out with a £1.50 overseas charge added on as well. It says that my debit card was used. I rang my bank and they told me that it was an adult site and that I had subscribed to it monthly and it would be taken out each month. I told them I haven't done any such thing and could they tell me who it was. They gave me a telephone number but it is an american number and there is no code on it. How have they got my details, and how can I get my money back? I am extremely worried now as I dont know how they have got my details. Any advice on what I can do would be appreciated.

your bank should help

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 18:09 ----------

you do know you are going to get some scummy remarks, do not rise to them ,and just ignore and do not reply to them

Could anyone else in the house have done it.[only asking:)]

You want to get straight back on to them and tell them again, it sounds like they treated it as an inquiry, they need to cancel your card and check all pending transactions if they haven't already.

You will never find out any info if it is fraud, they tell you nothing! If it is fraud and not down toyou in any way then you should get your money back.

Call the bank (or better, go in and see them) tell them they need to reverse and refund the charges (they can, and should do this,.... legally) and ask them to prevent any more from being taken... also say you will be going to fraud investigation (wether you are or not)

Hi,

It is the bank's responsibilty to refund the money immediately unless they have good EVIDENCE that you are somehow complicit in all this, which clearly you aren't.

All you need to do is give the bank the details and tell them that you didn't authorise the transaction and they must refund the money. It's certainly not your job to chase it up.

Call the bank back and don't be fobbed off.

Good luck. Shouldn't be a problem.

S x