Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

It's amazing how Thatcher's followers think they are always in the right, and anyone who puts an opposite point of view is dismissed as a left wing loonie.

I can assure them that many intelligent people from a wide range of experience and with bona fide credentials agree that she was a long term disaster for this country.

And many more think she was good for the country. She was elected by popular vote at 3 elections. A succession of Labour leaders clearly didn't offer the voters anything they considered preferable.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 09:49 ----------

Thanks bonzo

Oh don't be so silly. Debate or switch off your PC.

You have made a disgraceful comment and this is your only retort. Pathetic behaviour.

A lot of people are saying it doesn't matter if you weren't allive at the time, I beg to differ, if you lived in the time preceding Thatcher it gives you a better perspective and understanding of what we had to live through. The unions ruled, closed shops were the order of the day, the 3 day week. We wanted change badly, people were suffering because of Scargill & Thatchers tit for tat. You had to understand the sheer desperation at that time. Labour voters voted for Thatcher because they were desperate for change. That's how it was for me & lots like me. Politicians,, You'd be hard pushed to find an honest one amongst them....................................... do we really have a choice?

You are of course aware that the details of the state funeral for Thatcher were proposed and agreed by Gordon Brown and Tony Blair when Labour were in government?

Dont care WHO was in support of it. If they want it THEY should pay for it, not the taxpayers

Thanks bonzo

No, thank you!

You have managed to prove my point about young people getting involved in the debate, then, to top it off, you have stepped WAY over the line by mentioning terrorist attacks! Made my morning! :hihi: