Sewing in s6/10

I am trying to establish what sort of sewing classes people would like in S6/10.

Do you need to know: How to use a sewing machine?

How to make clothes for yourself/children?

How to make toys?

How to make gifts / decorations?

How to do quilting / make cushions?

How to make curtains?

Would you like to see one-off demos to show you how to make one item or a regular class with progression through the making of a number of items?

All of your replies will help me to establish whether there is a demand to set up something in the area for people new to sewing.

Thanks a lot,

Button-box.

Hiya,

This sounds good. As for what I'd personally be inclined for are: how to use a sweing machine, dressmaking (myself), quilting and curtains. I'd prefer one off sessions so that you can pick and chose what you want to do or are currently interested in, and not be bound by a committment to keep on doing other classes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

One off classes are good for me (even if I forget the techniques by the time I need to want to use them again!).

I see it as a way to make time to do something I enjoy, and I can't really commit to regular classes.

I'd be interested in dressmaking and quilting. I can make toys because they don't need to fit :D

Thanks to those of you who replied. It's given me an idea what people want and I'm currently seeking out a suitable venue that could accommodate sewing machines as well as people!

As soon as I have venue / dates / vents I will post them.

Meanwhile, any other ideas for what people would like to make/learn in the sewing sessions are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot.

HI I would be really interested in learning dressmaking skills, so I can make clothes for me and my children. I have a basic sewing machine and have been making cushions left right and centre. Now I want to learn some more skills that leave me with some nice new clothes.

Hi - just seen this post and this is something l'd definitely be interested in!

Just wondered if you have found a venue yet and or worked out an idea of costs. I am really interested in taking a dressmaking course or having a one off lesson at least.

I'm with Bogg172. Keep us posted. One to one lessons would be good too, as I've a sewing machine I don't know how to use...