Vauxhall Problems

I had a similar problem with a vectra i used to have, I hooked it up onto my mates fault reader and it said clean throttle body.

I bought some carb cleaner cleaned it and ran brill after.

Also a crack or hole in vacuum pipes could have similar affects.

this is the Z22SE engine and the most common fault for this thing is the coolant temp sensor , there about £20 to buy , the petrol smell is the other most common problem is a cracked exhaust manifold these are around £35-45 second hand to buy , i have had this engine myself and if you need further advise there is a forum all about these engines called Z22SE.co.uk or send me a pm i may be able to help

I have a 1.6 Astra which I bought last year and I have this really annoying juddering from time to time as well, I can be driving along quite nicely then it starts juddering for no apparent reason and if the revs get too low it tries to stall. Yet I can either carry on juddering for a few minutes or pull over and turn the engine off for a couple of minutes, start up then its back to normal. Its a really weird sensation as apart from that the car is great other than lacking some serious BHP. I also periodically get the petrol smell so I'll investigate that some more

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 21:02 ----------

Why would you wait so long to take your car to see a mechanic?

Cars are lethal weapons, if there is any chance its going to fail while your on the road (possibly doing motorway speeds) then you should get it sorted before you cause a bloody pile up.

Cars are not lethal weapons, 99% of the time is the drivers fault. Just because a car crashes doesn't mean its the cars fault, you obviously have an issue with this! has it been serviced or MOT'd and looked after or is the driver a raving lunatic... I've seen plenty of lunatics over this bad weather spell who drive like they've never seen snow.

Unfortunately in this country there's no Winter driving test part of the driving test, if there were about 40% of the drivers would be using the bus. I hold a British and Norwegian licence and British drivers are amongst the worst when it comes to driving in snowy conditions. I'm British incidentally!

Well I have vauxhall diagnostics and as I said I owned one so any help I can give

Does the Vauxhall diagnostics differ from any other? A friend of mine has a SnapOn diagnostic machine, but both that machine and the cars pedal test were just throwing up codes for too lean/rich mixture, seen is at could be a fair few things with those engines?

I think the first place to start would be to just clean it out, it's practically free isn't it.