Out of season fishing (Non commercial)

chidorii

Just wondering, what you guys plan is whilst the season is closed (excluding commercials), personally I haven't been anywhere because of the damn temp.

I guess I'm mostly talking about the canal here. In past experience the canal remains near dormant until the night time temperature stays above 7 or 8 degs c. Anyone been and had success?

I have put in about 30 -1 to 5c sessions in and scored a perch or two (gotta love em!) but would love to hear everyone's opinion. :razz:

there are numerous fisheries near where i live so i just carry on as normal. they are all mixed fisheries so something will be feeding. i went for a session on my local pond yesterday before it shuts for a month and did o.k fishing corn. the cold weather does seem to affect the canal more than other waters so i'll leave it for a while other than a last pike session.

Perhaps i'll get a fly fishing kit! seems exciting to me right now. I used to dismiss the fluff chucking, but when you think about it, it's an effective, basic way of hunting, and whether we know it or not, that's the reason we all get up at daft o'clock & spend so much time on this hobby.

My Nan-nan has requested a trout or two bless her, so I really should get bank-side!

To be sure... Is it legal to fish the stick with a worm if targeting trout? All gets a bit strange at this point with fishing rivers on a coarse license lol!

Very interesting none the less. On a technical level... when do you stop fishing for trout and start fishing for coarse? ... maggots? ledgering? corn? meat? bread? (all those methods, I've caught trout haha! most recently a 2lb trout on some bacon spam lol!)

just for clarification.during the close season you can only fish the rivers for game fish by fly fishing but you can fish the ponds ,lakes & canals during the close season,is this correct ?

that's more or less it but different regions have their own bye laws. as well as

artificial fly you can also spin and leger worm for trout during the coarse close

season on the don. the sheffield canal is open but the close season does apply to some others.

that's more or less it but different regions have their own bye laws. as well as

artificial fly you can also spin and leger worm for trout during the coarse close

season on the don. the sheffield canal is open but the close season does apply to some others.

so you can leger worm for trout on the don charlie ?

yes you can. according to the yorkshire byelaws you can also use prawn and sandeel!

could you tell me where i can find a copy of the yorshire by laws as i would like to print off a copy to take with me when i legering with the worm on the don as i dont want some smart ass baliff trying to hit me with a £500 fine !