Demos against bedroom tax

I agree with the principle of this benefit CUT (only the ignorant call it a tax)

Why should the taxpayer continue to fund single occupants in multi-roomed accomodation which isn't being used whilst we have families on the waiting lists overcrowding in smaller accommodation?

It's about time this 'council house for life' attitude was removed.

I hate Cameron's government as much as the next person and maybe this isn't quite the best way to do this but it's long overdue.

If there is suitable alternative accommodation I don't see why people shouldn't have their benefits cut.

A council house is a privilege not a right.

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 16:55 ----------

Given that we are apparently 'all in this together', should the MPs who get second houses funded by the taxpayer move to properties that are small enough for one person?

I think MP's 'benefits' are another massive discussion entirely, they get far too much IMO and property is just the tip of the iceberg.

You try telling them they need a 'cut' tho :(

If there is suitable alternative accommodation I don't see why people shouldn't have their benefits cut.

A council house is a privilege not a right.

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 16:55 ----------

I think MP's 'benefits' are another massive discussion entirely, they get far too much IMO and property is just the tip of the iceberg.

You try telling them they need a 'cut' tho :(

would you take a cut if you were a M.P I don't think so :roll::roll::roll:

Archived