Anyone recommend an all inclusive hol in Greece

When are you thinking of travelling? If its within the next 6 weeks why dont you look at late deals in greece with thomson holidays you usually can see loads of reviews for each holiday which could helpyou make your mind up Dont forget that from June onwards until late september Greece gets seriously hot

Bali in Crete is one of the nicer places on the Island. Very quiet and picturesque. Some lovely little restaurants on the beach by the Harbour. Very very hilly though so only suitable for fully mobile people.

---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 13:33 ----------

Good place to look, is teletext holidays or Icelolly :thumbsup:

Have a look at this info on TripAdvisor.

Whilst you will see that quite a few people don't like the place we stayed, and I would tend to agree with them on some points. It was comfortable, inexpensive, the weather was excellent, the pool was great, 3 beaches within easy walking distance (one of them less than 3 minutes) and there are very nice not too expensive alternative places to eat if you get fed up with the all inclusive food. Including pizza! (if you're that way inclined)

Have a read of my post on TripAdvisor, page 2 - Name, Terzo290

Does anyone Know, with the state of the economy in Greece, whether it's better to go All Inclusive or Self Catering at the moment?

Not at the moment. But I can assure you, where ever there are tourists, you wouldn't believe there is a problem with the economy in Greece. You will be paying 5 euros for a spirit and mixer in most places. Admittedly, the measures are FAR better than in the UK. But, if you like a drink and go out every night, it will cost you an absolute fortune.

The alternative, if you have a nice hotel is to go to the supermarket, buy booze from there and have a few while sat out on the balcony before you go out. However, there's another but!... spirits in the tourist areas in supermarkets are also quite pricey. Not much more, but still over UK prices.

My advice, if you want to drink, is go all inclusive! Even if the food is pants, with the all inclusive deal what you save on buying drinks means you can eat elsewhere at night.

Not at the moment. But I can assure you, where ever there are tourists, you wouldn't believe there is a problem with the economy in Greece. You will be paying 5 euros for a spirit and mixer in most places. Admittedly, the measures are FAR better than in the UK. But, if you like a drink and go out every night, it will cost you an absolute fortune.

The alternative, if you have a nice hotel is to go to the supermarket, buy booze from there and have a few while sat out on the balcony before you go out. However, there's another but!... spirits in the tourist areas in supermarkets are also quite pricey. Not much more, but still over UK prices.

My advice, if you want to drink, is go all inclusive! Even if the food is pants, with the all inclusive deal what you save on buying drinks means you can eat elsewhere at night.

Thanks for that. I love Greece and have had some super holidays there. I like the people too, I'd like to think that if we continue to holiday there it will help their economy a bit.

Thanks for that. I love Greece and have had some super holidays there. I like the people too, I'd like to think that if we continue to holiday there it will help their economy a bit.

No worries :)

Until recently we had not been to Greece since I was a lad and went with my parents - about 20 years ago.

We hired a jeep and went from one end to the other of Crete one day. There are some really nice, quiet beaches and the sea and weather was beautiful. Other areas look very run down, which is a shame because the island is lovely.

We all know what state the Greek economy is in. Which is why I cannot understand why the bars still insist on charging so much for drinks. Surely it would be better for them to half the prices which would pull more people in and away from all inclusive deals? the booze over there is not subject (I don't believe) to the huge taxes we face in the UK so there is no need to charge so much.

There was an awesome hotel, only small (the name of which escapes me at the moment) a few minutes away from our residence. Not all inclusive, but on the beach and had a great bar overlooking the sea. But as I mentioned before, 5 euros for a drink is way too much, and the bar was virtually empty all day, I suspect as a result of the high prices.

They need to start helping themselves more. Sure the rent on the places or the running costs are probably crippling. But whats the alternative? have no bar at all?

Archived