Parking on Ecclesall road

I got a £35 parking ticket on Ecclesall road today at 4.08pm. I always thought it became a clearway at 4.30. Anyone know how long it has been 4pm?

Its been 4pm for a long time, a couple of years maybe..? Dont quote me on that but im sure its been that long.

I got a £35 parking ticket on Ecclesall road today at 4.08pm. I always thought it became a clearway at 4.30. Anyone know how long it has been 4pm?

A clearway is always a clearway no parking at any time unless in an emergency, was the ticket for parking in the bus lane between the specified hours?.

The bus lane times start at 4pm, this will be why you received a ticket. I think it changed a few years ago.

The same happened to me the other day - didnt realise it had changed.

The same happened to me the other day - didnt realise it had changed.

Lots of signs available though, in fact, it says on every parking meter.

Don't worry, once everybody's worked out it's 4 o'clock and they've stopped raking it in, they'll push it forward to 3.30 and start all over again.

Don't worry, once everybody's worked out it's 4 o'clock and they've stopped raking it in, they'll push it forward to 3.30 and start all over again.

People don't have to work it out. Those horrible evil traffic wardens and the council put signs every few hundred yards telling everyone when they can and can't park. It's almost like they don't want people to get caught out.

People don't have to work it out. Those horrible evil traffic wardens and the council put signs every few hundred yards telling everyone when they can and can't park. It's almost like they don't want people to get caught out.

But like metalman says, they will change it again once people are used to it...

They've done it once, and it has generated loads of money, so they aren't likely to overlook this new cash cow.

Moooooooooooooooooooooo

But like metalman says, they will change it again once people are used to it...

They've done it once, and it has generated loads of money, so they aren't likely to overlook this new cash cow.

Moooooooooooooooooooooo

You don't have to get used to it though, just check the signs and then it doesn't matter if the times change. Only reason people ever get tickets is because they either haven't read a sign or haven't seen massive yellow lines painted on the road.

I am not a fan of this council and its anti-motorist attitude (Planner1, don't even bother) but sometimes I can only side with them when it comes to the foolishness of people who should know better.

Parking restrictions form part of the Highway Code; if in doubt, check the signs which are a legal obligation. The Bus Lane times were changed ages ago. It STILL does not matter - you ain't sure? CHECK!!

Your fault in this instance and nobody else's.

Sometimes it really is that bleeding obvious....