5k parkrun Rother Valley country park

dusvidar

We hope to set up a 5k parkrun in Rother Valley country park from around the end of March 2013 and then held regularly every Saturday at 9 a.m.

We require more volunteers to share different marshalling roles and to take it in turns in helping out. Both runners and non-runners are welcome, car parking will be free and marshalls can have a free drink in the cafe at end of event.

If you are interested in making some contribution in helping to make this a successful regular event or to ask any questions please contact Jo Edley on 01142471452 Ext 1.

Thankyou !

You can park around the back of Rother Valley for free (there is a car-park). Presumably, the start / finish will be near the cafe, so if you did park around the back, there would be a short walk to the starting area.

Hope to check this out when you get it up and running. Wondering if Sheffield will be the UK city with the most park runs? (maybe apart from London). Endcliffe Park, Graves Park, Concord Park, Hillsborough Park, Rother Valley..

Pretty sure parkrun are classing rother valley as one of the two

rotherham parkruns. I know I would

Sheffield is the city with the most outside of London. 2 More in planning for Sheffield as well

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 19:29 ----------

Just googled the park and I stand corrected. its Sheffield

You can park around the back of Rother Valley for free (there is a car-park). Presumably, the start / finish will be near the cafe, so if you did park around the back, there would be a short walk to the starting area.

Hope to check this out when you get it up and running. Wondering if Sheffield will be the UK city with the most park runs? (maybe apart from London). Endcliffe Park, Graves Park, Concord Park, Hillsborough Park, Rother Valley..

thats why I asked - the only free parking is half way round the course to start with

I make that the Rother Valley 7.5K then.

good grief

some people here here could start a fight in an empty room :suspect:

the parking will be free at the paid carpark, for parkrun entrants and marshalls

Mr Strix has signed up to volunteer already :)

WHICH IS WHY I ASKED! .......... for every other free event, I`ve had to pay the entry fee to access the park.

• 1 month later...

This 5k park run is earmarked for a start on Saturday, May 11th. More volunteers are welcome to help out especially for the first few Saturdays. Anyone else interested please contact Joanne Edley on 01142471452 Ext 1.

Thanks !

Archived