Tailors in sheffield

Can somebody recommend a good tailor , i need a coat shortening and it has to be done properly, thanks

Ashley Rodgers, Manor Top, S2

Terrace tailors Westfield Terrace, off west street,2769607

Terrace tailors Westfield Terrace, off west street,2769607

I can also recommend Terrace Tailors

Ashley Rodgers, Manor Top, S2

I went here years ago & had an overcoat shortened to assess their tailoring skills prior to having a suit made. The workmanship was diabolical, they melted the inside lining & botched it, but said nothing about it. I only discovered it later when I returned home. When I rang to complain, they denied all knowledge! Needlesstosay I went elsewhere for my suit, to Ted Williams, 194 London Road (tedthe tailor.co.uk). He's a bit more expensive, but his tailoring is absolutely first class.

I went here years ago & had an overcoat shortened to assess their tailoring skills prior to having a suit made. The workmanship was diabolical, they melted the inside lining & botched it, but said nothing about it. I only discovered it later when I returned home. When I rang to complain, they denied all knowledge! Needlesstosay I went elsewhere for my suit, to Ted Williams, 194 London Road (tedthe tailor.co.uk). He's a bit more expensive, but his tailoring is absolutely first class.

I went to Ashley Rogers and he was using foul language when I was waiting to be served so I walked out. By foul I mean it was much worse than the f word. Not what you expect when you are going for a £500 made-to-measure suit.

I ended up at Jaeger in Meadowhell, got a suit worth £360 for £120 in the sale and a shirt worh £60 for £20. I then got the suit altered by http://alter-sheffield.co.uk/ for £36. Looks as good as any made-to-measure suit I have had.

Edited by Hal9001
Extra detail

I can only say I am shocked at this revelation, I have been using Ashley rodgers for the last couple of years, having half a dozen trousers and shirts and a regimental blazer all tailored from scratch. I have always received great customer care and with some of the best clothing that I ever had tailored, and I have tried numerous tailors over the last few years which cannot touch the quality I get from Ashley Rodgers.

SD Williams 7 Charter Square, a couple of shops above the old Grosvenor Hotel is good.

Go and see Colin Starsmore on Station Road, Darnall. I go there as do most of my friends