Did anyone see the shooting star?

Anyone just see the green/blueish fast falling object in the sky in the S8 area?? I'm guessing it was a meteorite...

yes its just crossed outibridge?

About ten minutes ago I saw the most amazing shooting star I've ever seen; this may sound silly but it was so close and big in the sky, and coming down at such a steep angle I actually braced myself for a loud bang of an impact :hihi:.

Edited by That easy

Me and my daughter saw it. We were in the car pointing towards the north when it shot low across the sky, south to north.

Very large and bright, I think I've just seen my first meteor.

:)

Edit: I've seen loads of shooting stars, so when I said meteor I meant meteorite, something large enough to hit land. As That easy said, we were bracing ourselves for a bang too.

Edited by quisquose

I've seen many shooting stars/meteors, but not as big/close as that one!

I'm in Kimberworth in Rotherham (S61) and just passed my house. Got to admit not seen one that large before.

Done some checking and it's green/blue as it contains copper and when it's heated turns green.

Edited by Skynet

threads merged

Just saw it shoot past our house and I thought there was going to be a hell of a bang as well! I saw a large green ball with long tail that seemed to be going slower than a shooting star, it sank below the tree line. I've never seen anything like that in my life before!