Wisewood school vs malinbridge

lauras6

hi all, im just wanting abit of advice, i may be exchanging with someone and moving to wisewood, now my son use to go to wisewood before i moved to stocksbridge and his learning was ''ok'' iv looked at the ofsted reports and cant really decide which school is better for my son, a few people have said wisewood has changed and its alot better and some say different, im more towards wisewood as he will have friends he made before but then it all comes down to education! thats more important than going just because he has friends there, if anyone can give any advice it will be much appreciated. thanks xx :P

im wanting to know peoples views of the schools, what they think to how they teach, how they deal with bullying ect, my so went there a few years ago (wisewood) and his learning was ''ok'' like i said, im just wanting to hear from parents from both schools about there views on each school. but your idea about waiting and talking to the parents is a pretty good idea! xx

I was under the impression Wisewood closed quite some time ago and are now merged with forge valley.

My daughter goes to Malin Bridge, and education wise I would say you can't go far wrong, the teachers are brilliant, the head is fantastic and so approachable and will go out of his way to sort your problems out should you have any. But, the admin side of the school leaves a lot to be desired.

no the primary is still open :) , im not going to make any decisions yet as its not final for the move yet but just wanting advice, i give credit to wisewood as they noticed certain things with my son that i did not where his behavior is concerned, and then put us in the right direction for help, but as any parent i just want the best education for my son xx

no the primary is still open :) , im not going to make any decisions yet as its not final for the move yet but just wanting advice, i give credit to wisewood as they noticed certain things with my son that i did not where his behavior is concerned, and then put us in the right direction for help, but as any parent i just want the best education for my son xx

My opinion Is malin Bridge is better Education wise and teacher wise and dealing with bullying issue , My children did go to wisewood and i moved them out to malin. for a few reasons i wont go into . wisewood seemed to go down hill these last few years , a new headteacher is inplace im told now , but a number of parents have also moved there children to malin in the last few months from Wisewood for diffo reasons im not fully sure of !

However thats my opinion:)

My son (9) goes to Malin Bridge, so did I, my 3 siblings and one of my Aunties. Personally I like the school, I always have and it was my first choice where my son was concerned.

A girl who went to pre school at Malin with him started school at wisewood but has since moved back and over the past 2 years a handful of other children have joined his class/ year from wisewood.

Other than being a pupil at wisewood secondary I have no knowledge of the school.

Malin Bridge is a friendly, welcoming school. I agree both the new head teacher and deputy are fantastic with the parents and children and are very approachable, they seem to do a walk around outside at the end of the day saying hello to the parents.

One down side I have found is since my son started there I have raised concerns about him showing growing signs of dyslexia, which runs highly in both our distant and immediate family but I just keep getting told they will monitor him.

Other than that I have no problems with the school.

My son (9) goes to Malin Bridge, so did I, my 3 siblings and one of my Aunties. Personally I like the school, I always have and it was my first choice where my son was concerned.

A girl who went to pre school at Malin with him started school at wisewood but has since moved back and over the past 2 years a handful of other children have joined his class/ year from wisewood.

Other than being a pupil at wisewood secondary I have no knowledge of the school.

Malin Bridge is a friendly, welcoming school. I agree both the new head teacher and deputy are fantastic with the parents and children and are very approachable, they seem to do a walk around outside at the end of the day saying hello to the parents.

One down side I have found is since my son started there I have raised concerns about him showing growing signs of dyslexia, which runs highly in both our distant and immediate family but I just keep getting told they will monitor him.

Other than that I have no problems with the school.

You may be able to have an assessment made but the authorities resist this as it leads to an entitlement to extra resources,with all the cost implications.

My grandchildren go to Malin Bridge, as did my 3 children, and I rate the school highly. I have no experience of Wisewood school, but has the OP considered bringing Loxley school into the equation? I hear very good things about it, and it is very high in the ofsted ratings. Don't know if it is easy to get admitted, or if it is over-subscribed, but I see several parents from the Wisewood area taking their children, even though Wisewood school is nearer.

hi all, im just wanting abit of advice, i may be exchanging with someone and moving to wisewood, now my son use to go to wisewood before i moved to stocksbridge and his learning was ''ok'' iv looked at the ofsted reports and cant really decide which school is better for my son, a few people have said wisewood has changed and its alot better and some say different, im more towards wisewood as he will have friends he made before but then it all comes down to education! thats more important than going just because he has friends there, if anyone can give any advice it will be much appreciated. thanks xx :P
I might be wrong, but isn't the headteachers in both husband and wife. I think both schools are ok to be honest.

Archived