Does Anyone Remember Any Teachers From King Eggies?

Hi, you lot out there just wondering if you can remember any of the teachers from king ecgbert school in totley? i left in 88 ah the good old days.....:D

I remember loads of teachers, but only from 1994 -99 not much good for you although i am sure some must have stuck around.

see if any of these ring a bell:

mr ray, miss plumtree, mr salway, mr rodgers, mr appelhoff, ms barr, mrs perry, mr (spitfire) white, ..........cant remember anymore its been such a long time................:confused:

Try some of these from the 70's? Marriage will have changed some names and others will have died.

Miss Rawlings, Mrs Perry, Mr Cartwright (Ben) and Mr Salway.

Mssrs Agar, Williams, Shaw (Art), Shaw (typing), Short, Johnston, Rodgers, White, Clarke, Bowen, Mee, Ray, Butler, Marsh, Huntingdon, Baggaley, Bargh, Wade. Routh, Rouse, Waller, Meakin, Tebbutt and Warburton.

Mrs Carlson, Cooper, Hoffman, Gore, Ferdinand, Chesterton, Dillamore, Foster, Havard, Howling, Ibbotson, Smith, Elliff, Williams, Merrills, Berry, Harris, Hickey, Watson, Wrigley.

Misses Garrison, Grove, Gillott, Griffiths, Rowlands, McDowell...... et al.

Hi' CHAIRBOY i remember all but a couple of those names as i was there in the 70's. Was Merrills a bloke with long dark hair? . If so im sure he was my form teacher when he first started at eggys

Sorry, No. The Merrills I have in mind was a Mrs D.Merrills, an English teacher and I think she moved to join the senior management team at Silverdale?

For those who don't know the site nr the junior school is now demolished and there is a brand new building on the other site.

Bob Evans is the Headmaster now.

Sorry, No. The Merrills I have in mind was a Mrs D.Merrills, an English teacher and I think she moved to join the senior management team at Silverdale?[/quote Ok' i wonder if Mr Salway is still around?

Well,with a log in name of Compound Kid,3 guesses where I live!

Ah,Eggies - I can still remember Wessex and Mercia now. Not only did I spend 5 years of my life there between 1985-1990,but had further links with the place because my mum both cleaned and for a time was a dinner lady there too.

http://pictures.friendsreunited.co.uk/pictures/18092923.jpg

I'm on that photo along with a number of people you may know too...what a wonderful thing Friends Reunited is....

Frank Abel was Headteacher at the time - his deputy being Peter Salway (who I never really saw eye to eye with),then Stan "The Man" Duke , but during my time there , there were a lot of the names that have already been mentioned here plus a few others besides...

Roger Ray - Someone I wish I'd had time to thank for his support as my head of year throughout my time,an excellent teacher,and all round good man when off site (anybody who went to La Clusaz and Le Pradet will know) and only guy who thought having a 2CV was cool...

Iain Johnston - Never known a man who went ski-ing so many times a year!

Malcolm Rogers - Mr "Athletics" himself. The only qualified long jump official I can think of who teaches in Sheffield!

John Mee - Form tutor of a class that gave you an number of Ecgbert legends and a Top 40 recording artist (worked out who she is and who I am yet?)

David Wilson - Science?Fun?You bet your bottom dollar...

Ron Margetts - the only guy I know that quit teaching to go and play with Lego (literally! He got a job with them!)

Tom Smiles - Ask him about his love for Sunderland FC and you had no need to do History for the rest of the afternoon !

Peter Warburton - The man who made English Language that worthwhile I got an "A" in it for GCSE

Ted Croot - Old school Biology teacher but a top man to boot

Derek Bagguley/Geoff Bowers/Tony Adams - CDT legends! Do you remember Adams pride and joy - his immaculate Mk4 Ford Cortina?

John Wade - my mate used to go out with his daughter !

Derek B Spiers - affectionately known as "the Bad Young Brother" after the rapper of the same name in the late 80's.Bore a remarkable resemblance to the Skeleton in the Scotch Video Tape Adverts!

Plus John Applehoff,Derek Agar,Christine Flack,Mr Bowen,Mrs Withers,Miss Sara,Mrs Ferdinand,Mrs Fitzpatrick,Mrs Pass,Mrs Plant,Mrs Richardson,Mr Robson,Mr White (Spitfire),Mr Lancaster (Bomber)(which meant we had a Spitfire and a Lancaster at the same time!),Mr Goodwin,Mr Rouse,Mr Waller,Mr Hodgson,Mr Marsh,Miss Bari,Mrs Carlson,Mrs Beach,Mrs Harris,Mrs Plant,Mrs Lewis ...the list could go on and on....

Mrs Merrills is still around, Mrs Ferdinand came in where I work the other day. She had been to look round the new building with....wait for it.... Mr Salway, Mrs Perry and others. Quite made me shiver. Miss Rawlings died soon after she retired, anyone else remember the hideous Allegro Vanden Plas she used to drive. God knows when I was there, think I left in 76 from the lower 6th which was in Kings Croft Building, after a fruitless attempt to get some more o levels.

I have some photos of the teachers in 1966 taken just before I left to come to Australia - when I get my scanner working I will post!!

Just out of curiousity did anyone go to cecil rd junior school (St Barnabus) prior to going to eggys like myself.