Where can I get a Sony hi-fi system repaired?

freemans

okay it is 15year old hi-fi system, but i still would like to keep it only problem think the laser reader has gone kaput on cd player and a tape stuck in player..it probably needs a decent burial but wondered if anyone knows a repair place before i give up on it

I'm afraid it might be cheaper to buy a new one but I believe there is shop on London Road that does them. If you find somewhere reasonably priced can you let me know as I have cd/radio/cassette which works fine apart from needs laser resetting

okay it is 15year old hi-fi system, but i still would like to keep it only problem think the laser reader has gone kaput on cd player and a tape stuck in player..it probably needs a decent burial but wondered if anyone knows a repair place before i give up on it

Lasers rarely fail...It's a Myth...Get a screw driver and open it up and clean the CD Laser lense with a cotton bud. Whilst your at it take the stuck tape out with 'force', you won't damage anything. Just go for it. + it will give you something to do and won't cost you owt.:thumbsup:

if it is 15 years old the motor on the CD unit has probably worn out. The speakers will also be well past their best. There is not much point repairing it as it will cost much more than buying something new and better.

SONY stereos were built to last. Why bin something just becouse it needs cleaning and a bit of t.l.c.?

If we all thought that way then there wold never be any antiques.:rant:

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 19:40 ----------

thanks for advice, thinks will bite the bullet and try major surgery!!! nothing to lose

Go for it. If you need any advice i will help you..:thumbsup:

Lasers rarely fail...It's a Myth...Get a screw driver and open it up and clean the CD Laser lense with a cotton bud. Whilst your at it take the stuck tape out with 'force', you won't damage anything. Just go for it. + it will give you something to do and won't cost you owt.:thumbsup:

Ever heard of a Sony playstation 2?

try sound idea on langsette road near maplins ask for mike