Should there be a reward for info on High Green Murder?

If a few hundred people all donated a fiver we could raise a sizeable reward that may jog peoples memory...

It's not a question of jogging memories. The attack was only a week ago. Anyone who knows who did it won't have forgotten. It may be that there were no witnesses and that the police will have to build a case from forensics, etc. If there were no witnesses then mobile phone signals can be used to find out who was in the area at the time.

And if the perpetrators or of an age to remember the china Rose murder approx 100 yards away then the sentencing will hardly be putting the fear of god into them so lips may be a little loser as a consequence.

Is this not why we have a police force that we pay considerable amount of money to through taxes to prevent/sole crime ?

May be if we a saw the odd police person on the streets, if may prevent scum bags from committing these awful acts ??

The terrible truth is that there is a manned police station just along the road (10 mins walk - 2 mins drive).

Somebody would have seen something - Greengate Lane is busy with traffic at all times of the day and night, unfortunately the place he was murdered next to the park isn't very well lit.

And if the perpetrators or of an age to remember the china Rose murder approx 100 yards away then the sentencing will hardly be putting the fear of god into them so lips may be a little loser as a consequence.

Tell us more about China Rose please-it sounds intriguing!

If you are not the type of person to give up valuable information without a financial incentive then your a horrid human being.

If you have information... call the damn police.

A reward is just pathetic.

first ov all r.i.p mr greaves and thorts are with your family .. my nephew wos the delivery driver who found mr greaves and stayed with him , now please reed this HEAS LOST HIS JOB FOR NOT DELIVERING THE PIZZA AND THE SELFISH PEOPLE WHO OWN THE SHOP HAVE ASKED MARK FOR THE MONEY FOR THE PIZZA ,, I WONT PUT ON HERE WOT HEAS SAID BUT I WILL SAY ITS THE TAKEAWAY ON [REMOVED}

Edited by Andy
Removed details of business

first ov all r.i.p mr greaves and thorts are with your family .. my nephew wos the delivery driver who found mr greaves and stayed with him , now please reed this HEAS LOST HIS JOB FOR NOT DELIVERING THE PIZZA AND THE SELFISH PEOPLE WHO OWN THE SHOP HAVE ASKED MARK FOR THE MONEY FOR THE PIZZA ,, I WONT PUT ON HERE WOT HEAS SAID BUT I WILL SAY ITS THE TAKEAWAY ON [REMOVED]

I think this post should be removed.

We have no way of knowing if its genuine or some rival shop trying to stitch up the competition.

Any mods around?

Edited by Andy
Removed details of business from quote

Tell us more about China Rose please-it sounds intriguing!

Perpetrator/s got a laughable sentence for the murder outside High Green Post Office - essentially 3 on to one diminutive middle aged guy who was kicked to death.

Cant say too much re names but Star Archives well covered - re habilitation of offenders and all that are probably entitled to their privacy new identities new start or whatever other perks the justice system doles out to rub the victims noses in it.

The victims family probably wouldnt want to re live the injustice in a public forum due to the leniency of the sentence.

Judge with no balls - justice dick.

Pre 1998

first ov all r.i.p mr greaves and thorts are with your family .. my nephew wos the delivery driver who found mr greaves and stayed with him , now please reed this HEAS LOST HIS JOB FOR NOT DELIVERING THE PIZZA AND THE SELFISH PEOPLE WHO OWN THE SHOP HAVE ASKED MARK FOR THE MONEY FOR THE PIZZA ,, I WONT PUT ON HERE WOT HEAS SAID BUT I WILL SAY ITS THE TAKEAWAY [REMOVED]

If true,does he really want to be working for people like this?I would consider it a blessing in disguise!

Edited by Andy
Removed details of business

If you are not the type of person to give up valuable information without a financial incentive then your a horrid human being.

If you have information... call the damn police.

A reward is just pathetic.

Agreed. People with info should just come forward out of the goodness of their hearts and from being decent citizens. But if we lived in a perfect world like that, crimes like this wouldn't even be committed. You may think a reward is 'pathetic' but horrendous/pathetic people who do such things respond to financial incentive. Financial incentive is why these low-lives commit these crimes in the first place...

I think it's absolutely terrible what has happened. If people wanted to raise money / donate money perhaps we should try & find out more about the food bank Mr Greaves had recently opened. His family would probably not expect donations because of this tragedy, but I think it's an option to those who wanted to. I've been on google to find out more, but no info.

I think thats a great idea Rachgee. Or to help the small charity shop they ran in High Green.