Millhouses animal sanctuary

nexusdee

I've just noticed the headlines about Millhouses animal sanctuary could be getting closed down. From the small part I read it seems that the local residents have complained about the noise & a court order has been issued. (Really winds me up since the sanctuary would have been there before the majority of the residents)

I don't know the full details as I just read the headlines in passing but I don't know if there is anything we can do to help because if they are successful in closing this one what to stop them turning their attention on the others?

Personally I think those who have complained should spend time in the pound & cuddling these poor dogs as their life is taken away from them.

Oh FGS, what a rotten thing to be happening.

Some twenty-odd years ago, I adopted a dog from the Canine Defence league (Now the Dogs Trust) when they had a sanctuary in Sheffield.

Not long after I adopted my dog, the centre was forced to shut down, and, as I understand it, this was because of noise allegations.

The best of it was, the kennels were on a farm, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, off the Baslow Road, at Totley.

Not only were they out in the middle of nowhere, but they were right next to the flaming MOD firing range.

How the stinking-stink could someone have had a problem with barking dogs when the dratted firing range was next door? I'd have more of a problem with hearing ammunition firing, etc, than dogs, in a rescue kennels, barking!

I'm absolutely disgusted that people can object to a sanctuary that is trying to save the lives of dumped and unwanted animals!

What a vile person to complain about such a wonderful place!

Ok, so it isnt too pretty to look at, and the dogs bark - but hey, dogs bark fgs!!

I have been to Millhouses, and its a wonderful place where every animal is cared for. Why dont the neighbours embrace the sanctuary, im sure they were made aware of it when they moved to the area!

Failing that, they could do a home swap with me, and i will help out at Millhouses!

Not quite sure why my previous post was removed. I was only asking someone who posted that there are other concerns about the sanctuary (that post removed too) to clarify their statement!

Noticed that you wasn't the only one to raise that issue - if nothing else i guess its better for such accusations to vanish than to argue about them... At the end of the day the welfare of the animals is more important than some political point scoring.

***EDIT***

Either way i think Spats's post unless it was defamatory should have stood but as it was removed i can only assume this was the case and its a shame that the replies questioning his post have also been removed.

Edited by Gluggy

Not quite sure why my previous post was removed. I was only asking someone who posted that there are other concerns about the sanctuary (that post removed too) to clarify their statement!

Same here and I would like the admins / moderators to explain why a perfectly civil response to another member of the forum has been removed.