Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hi, Could anyone please recommend a good gas engineer/company for a boiler service in the Stannington area?

Cheers

Spanwood

hi, i got voucher deal from groupon for boiler service for £34, seems like a reputable company , have not used as yet though, so cant really comment

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to replace a central heating system which has an old back boiler, for a good Combi-Boiler system please, and also a reputable firm to do it .....?

Very rough anything from 2-4k cheers jon.

Thinking of having my boiler moved around from the side of the kitchen so I get a clear wall, to the end roughly around 6 feet. Also maybe a radiator added to the system or would a double rad fit in the place of a single or would the pipes need altering.

Edited by iansheff

Thinking of having my boiler moved around from the side of the kitchen so I get a clear wall, to the end roughly around 6 feet. Also maybe a radiator added to the system or would a double rad fit in the place of a single or would the pipes need bringing altering.

Hi i would say you could do either with the radiator situation, there are ways to re-jig the pipes to fit a double in place of a single cheers Jon at

JB Heating.

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to replace a central heating system which has an old back boiler, for a good Combi-Boiler system please, and also a reputable firm to do it .....?

£2000 -£2500 generally for an install with a boiler with 7yr warranty, happy to survey install, offer advice and a written quote, cheers, Steve

I can highly recommend Corgigasman (Steve). He removed an old system boiler and replaced with a new combi boiler, rejigged the pipework & replaced a radiator. Excellent service throughout & the final bill was actually slightly less than he had quoted for the work.

Just out of curiosity what is the price roughly for a boiler service? I am thinking of taking a coverplan with someone like Saga and that has one included in the package, jut wondered if these plans are worth the money.

Hi I charge £60.00 some charge more some less.

Just out of curiosity what is the price roughly for a boiler service? I am thinking of taking a coverplan with someone like Saga and that has one included in the package, jut wondered if these plans are worth the money.

We Currently charge £54 as our standard rate.

Thanks

Mike