Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Thanks, right, i kept switching it back on, pressing reset switch, light, etc, its come back on, but the pressure is shooting up to 3 bar, is this a problem?

In that case it probably be a knackered expansion vessel do you lose pressure as well

Boiler has stopped working, there was a red light last night, but it then went back to green, now there is no light , no power, nothing,

update, i pressed the lock out button for seven seconds as the manual states and the far left green light(of three) came on, flashing continously, the digital display is not coming on either, nothing else either.

it is a Garda HE Mk2

Model M96A

I'd be happy to call round and help.

Regards Gerry

Anyone know where I can get a second hand fan for Glow worm Betacom 30C boiler. It`s just to keep the boiler going for short while until something is sorted etc.

Edited by Janus

I have a problem with my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25Si - around 5 years old

It had been dropping pressure and topped up every 3 to 6 months or so for several years.

I hadn't topped it up for a while (several months) and yesterday the pressure dropped to zero, followed by water dripping from the rear of the boiler from above the pipework.

I shut it down and refilled to 1.2 bar and restarted it. It ran ok.

The pressure subsequently shot up to 3 bar in use. It has dropped to 0.75 bar out of use.

Any ideas on the cause and recommendations of who to use for the repair? Thanks.

Morning Simon

Sounds exactly the same as the problem I have just resolved for another customer.

Sounds like you will need a new expansion vessel (or at minimum a recharge) and possible PRV,

To fit these, the flu would need removing, and if there isn't enough space above then it would mean the entire boiler coming off the wall

Contact me if you would like a quote for this

07946 515897

Cheers

Gerry

It had been dropping pressure and topped up every 3 to 6 months or so for several years.

I hadn't topped it up for a while (several months) and yesterday the pressure dropped to zero, followed by water dripping from the rear of the boiler from above the pipework.

The pressure subsequently shot up to 3 bar in use. It has dropped to 0.75 bar out of use.

Any ideas on the cause and recommendations of who to use for the repair? Thanks.

Happy to carry out the repair for you it's a new expansion vessel may be able to fit a new original one back in or may have to be universal but would need to view job.

Regards Jonathan

Hi

I am a little confused over a Worcester Bosch Greenstar cdi system boiler that we are thinking of getting complete with a wave controller and the optional divertor valve. Can it heat hot water and run the central heating at the same time? is the optional divertor valve a 3 way valve? On our regular boiler we can have hot water only, heating only or heating and hot water at the same time the Bosch website is a bit confusing on how this boiler works.

Hi

I am a little confused over a Worcester Bosch Greenstar cdi system boiler that we are thinking of getting complete with a wave controller and the optional divertor valve. Can it heat hot water and run the central heating at the same time? is the optional divertor valve a 3 way valve? On our regular boiler we can have hot water only, heating only or heating and hot water at the same time the Bosch website is a bit confusing on how this boiler works.

Hi yes you can and it is a very good system to have.

Regards Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the answer by yes it can so you mean it can do all 3 options?

---------- Post added 17-01-2016 at 14:10 ----------

How does it work then it would appear in eco mode it continually switches between water and heating rather than in a regular system where the 3 way valve stops in the mid position is this correct

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the answer by yes it can so you mean it can do all 3 options?

---------- Post added 17-01-2016 at 14:10 ----------

How does it work then it would appear in eco mode it continually switches between water and heating rather than in a regular system where the 3 way valve stops in the mid position is this correct

Hi sorry should have been more specific yes can do all 3 options and also British gas are doing the best prices at moment

Hello all

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 which is leaking water from the bottom of the pump. Can somebody quote me for replacing the pump please?

I'm in S8.

Cheers

Hello all

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 which is leaking water from the bottom of the pump. Can somebody quote me for replacing the pump please?

I'm in S8.

Cheers

Hi give me a call to discuss prices genuine vaillant pumps aren't cheap though can get cheap off internet but don't last a year.

Regards Jonathan