Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi Jim Hardie, Your mention of Michael Smithers brought back the memories. He lived in the first yard down Canada St. and had a sister who was deaf and dumb. Did you know the Baileys' who lived in the same yard? Others from the Sedan St. area in the 1950's/60's were Keith Green, Raymond Armitage,the Marr family, Stuart Hodgson, John Wilson, Mike Carlton and Terry Mansell.The only girl who comes to mind being Maureen ( I think) Johnson or Johnston who, in All Saints' infants' school, was known as 'snots Johnson' due to always having mucus hanging from her nostrils ! She lived in a shop at the corner of Petre St. and the bottom section of Carwood Road. Some girls from my classes at that Junior school were Christine Blackett, Christine Doan and Maureen Harley if memory serves me right.

Hello David, I'm fairly sure the girl with the candles was Anne Johnson. I vaguely remember the Baileys - I thought there was a lad called Geoff but not sure. I think Keith Green might well be the lad who went out with Sylvia Towell or Towler. I referred to him as Malcolm earlier but on reflection think it may have been Keith.

I don't recall any of the other names you mention.

No floater, it was definitely Lyall. He lived on Sutherland Road in the first house below All Saints school. Here's a photo.

A few more names that just sprang to mind are Michael Housley, Geoffrey Bailey, Susan Hackett, Janet Rogers, John Mathews, David Simmonds, Clive Morris, Kevin Tring, Michael Smithers, Peter Simmonite, Malcolm? Starling and David Jubb.

Heres another few; Steve Walker, the Brunt brothers, Malcolm Hobson and cousin and next door neighbours the Kwaznikas. Talking about Geoff Lyall, a couple of pals of mine Stu Smith, Kev Tring, Pete Simmo (I think they all live in Australia now.) and Hobbo used to call him "Sugar", well, Tate and Lyle refine sugar don't they? Apart from Malc Brunt all the aforementioned are a couple of years younger than me.

Heres another few; Steve Walker, the Brunt brothers, Malcolm Hobson and cousin and next door neighbours the Kwaznikas. Talking about Geoff Lyall, a couple of pals of mine Stu Smith, Kev Tring, Pete Simmo (I think they all live in Australia now.) and Hobbo used to call him "Sugar", well, Tate and Lyle refine sugar don't they? Apart from Malc Brunt all the aforementioned are a couple of years younger than me.

Well you learn sommat everyday. I never knew the Hobsons and Kwasnikas were cousins. I'm surprised as well because I remember their mothers having a stand up row or two, lol.

I nailed most of these names in Post 245 but forgot Steve Walker and the Brunts. What was the name of the other brother?

Alan Brunt, he worked at his dads tool shop-Turners- in the old rag and tag.

John Kwazis mum and Hobbos mum were sisters!

Alan Brunt, he worked at his dads tool shop-Turners- in the old rag and tag.

John Kwazis mum and Hobbos mum were sisters!

Blimey. Not seen any of 'em for years. Last time I saw Hobbo he was living in Kimberworth but that must be forty year ago or more.

Last time I saw you, you were wearing a fluorescent Arsenal shirt and had a pick in your hand. I think it was on Queens Road near Havelock Bridge.

does anyone remeber me Rita butcher i lived on petre street from 1966 to 1972 my best friends were diane sharp who lived in edgar street Tina gregory who live on the big hill of edgar street can't remember the name of the hill now and sandra wagstaff who lived at the bottom of the big hill

does anyone remeber me Rita butcher i lived on petre street from 1966 to 1972 my best friends were diane sharp who lived in edgar street Tina gregory who live on the big hill of edgar street can't remember the name of the hill now and sandra wagstaff who lived at the bottom of the big hill

Hi Mollydog Do you know Pamela Butcher I went to Burngreave Girls High at the same time in the 60s. Also did Sandra Wagstaff have a brother called Tony.Penny.

Hi, i dont know pamela butcher, but yes sandra had an older brother called Tony, do you know them?

Hi, i dont know pamela butcher, but yes sandra had an older brother called Tony, do you know them?

Hi sorry I dont know them. I went to Ellesmere Road juniors at the same time as Tony.

Hi ok thanks if you do ever get in touch with tony could you find out if his sister sandra is on facebook or if she married and changed her surname (as us women do :)) or if she is still wagstaff. thanks again

I'm Terence White and I attended Burngreave school in the early 60's. The stevenson brothers were in my year. Good times for what I can recall.

any1 remember jonh and paul badkin geoff leggett

steve sharp stephen dukowski john mulhern linda wagsteff pauline butcher i went to ellsmere junior and then to burngreave in the late sixtys