Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi jim hardie. u must only still be a baby then ? 61 -62 ish.

Do remember trevor edwards tho. sad to hear he's no longer here.

He had an older brother roger. Know of his location?

Played footie in that big yard dozens of times with trevor and roger. Apparently I was the best goalie to be had in those days!once gave roger a right pasting for bullying (constantly) my little brother.

I turned out quite femanine tho. they had a good pal also who lived at the top of sutherland rd/corner of petre st . he was called johnny fairweather. His father owned the shop there which was a tailors outfitters, johnny had an older brother who also was a tailor. Did u know Johnny? Think about your age.

Remind me where sedan st. was/is.

Methinks perhaps off petre st?

post me any names from that era. (Hope I never gave u a pasting!!!!!

cheers.

Here's that yard Floater!

any1 remember jonh and paul badkin geoff leggett

steve sharp stephen dukowski john mulhern linda wagsteff pauline butcher i went to ellsmere junior and then to burngreave in the late sixtys

Hi bossdogg yes I remember all the names mentioned. Remember Paul Badkin having a right attitude, swearing at teachers and storming out of class. He was a decent kid though. My name is Penny my surname was Yates.

did you have a brother called peter im steve dukowski :hihi:

did you have a brother called peter im steve dukowski :hihi:

No but I knew him, Do you know Peter Downward, John Benson who lived in a pub just off Gower Street, Jamaican girl called Barbara Paterson,Ann Salem, Jacquline EganI will try and think of some others.Would be nice to know if you recall any others from that time. Thanks Penny.

yes all those lol the mc vaigh family janet loraine dianne shaun jimmy frank i got a old school photo with us all on from the school play lol

yes all those lol the mc vaigh family janet loraine dianne shaun jimmy frank i got a old school photo with us all on from the school play lol

I also used to know all the McVeighs used to be friends with Janet till we had a fall out as little kids do. It would be great if you could put the photo on here please. Saw in the Star about a month ago that Shaun had sadly passed away. Which school play was it!

think shaun was at ellesmere to start then at hinde house sad i did not know he had passed away last i heard of janet she was a sister at northern genral hosi she was the first girl i snogged lol in her kitchen jimmy and frank went in the navy jimmy used to take his dog for a walk to the shops on shiregreen a few years ago .the school play was at ellesmere but i not got a scanner to put on here dennis collins was the golly - wog lol dont think it would be alowwed now lol happy days :D

Sorry Floater, not been checking SF. I think you will be right about Sylvia Towell, right age and area. A close mate on Sedan Street was Keith Green ( lived on the vicarage side, roughly opposite the top of Canada Street.) I think this may be the Green Jim Hardie has mentioned in regard to Sylvia, but Keith and I drifted apart in our teens, as you do. When the area was pulled down, the family moved to a bay windowed house opposite Burngrerave cemetery gates on Scott Road. I last spoke to Mrs. Green there, his mum, in around 1990 I think when I saw her in passing. I'd welcome any news of Keith and the family.

I too went to all saints infants and junior school then on to Burngreave boys

I am called Steve Walmsley can you remember me . I was brought up on Edgar street with my brother David.I had a so called mate calledTerry -Edwards (Eddy) who was a bully at school ,he went on to be a petty criminal.

I remember the teachers names vividly and the good & bad times i had

didnt tery edwards join 1 of the armed foces for a period ?if its the same one he used to knock about with my elder brother dave marshall

hi, i didnt say i attended Burngreave Boys between 1972-1975.

I started there about 1963 or 1964.Other guys in my year were Mick Barker,Geoff Cryer, The Stephenson Brothers ,Jimmy Gant,Mick Liversage,

Les Guest,Steve Clarke,Stephen Fletcher,Lou Morris Bill Mayres,Stephen Cerone,and many,many more.

my elder brother dave marshall knocked about with most of the above ,stephen cerone was nicknamed boneo,billy myers was nicknamed pixie,one of the stephenson brothers was nicknamed steptoe i think it was trevor,i used to work for jimmy gant when he had the garage at the roundabout at the bottom of gower st,sutherland rd

My mum was dinner lady at Ellesmere school throughout the 60s, so any of you that went there (as I did) would probably have been fed by her.

And I was taught to swim by Mr Scott at Sutherland Rd Baths. Apparently he had a bit of a bad reputation, but I don't remember any problems.

he was a bit strict was mr scott but he certainly learnt you to swim!

if its the same ian holmes he passed away three weeks ago he lived on the maisonetts on brunswic road and sharon roberts lived on the same maisonetts i was ians aunty

is that ian holmes who was nicknamed sherlock ? lived on the bottom block on brunswick rd number prob 268 or something near that number ?