Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

double

hi, i didnt say i attended Burngreave Boys between 1972-1975.

I started there about 1963 or 1964.Other guys in my year were Mick Barker,Geoff Cryer, The Stephenson Brothers ,Jimmy Gant,Mick Liversage,

Les Guest,Steve Clarke,Stephen Fletcher,Lou Morris Bill Mayres,Stephen Cerone,and many,many more.

Pressy (shaun).Being a new member the system wont allow me to reply to messages until i have more than 5 threads.Anyhow, we lived at No 17 edgar street,My parents June&Charlie ,my brother David, and me Stephen.We lived there from about 1955-until the houses were demolished.My mother used to work at the corner shop at the junction of Edgar street and Harleston street-

Mortons it was called.I used to work there after school working in the cellar and filling the shelves when they were empty.

• 3 months later...
I too went to all saints infants and junior school then on to Burngreave boys

I am called Steve Walmsley can you remember me . I was brought up on Edgar street with my brother David.I had a so called mate calledTerry -Edwards (Eddy) who was a bully at school ,he went on to be a petty criminal.

I remember the teachers names vividly and the good & bad times i had

Hi I went to All Saints 1933 to 37 and was taught by mr Hall who went on to be head, did you have any relations live in Sutherland rd , Iwas at school with a lad named Walmsby can't thin k of his first name, Cheers Arthur.

Hi Arthur, As i said before we were brought up as kids on Edgar Street which

was in the same area as Sutherland Road. Unfortunately we did not have any relatives who lived there. My grandparents lived on Canada Street. Thank

You Steve.

Hi I lived on earldom st

Hi where abouts on Petre Street did you live. Or which end, grimesthorpe end or ellesmere road end?

We used to live on Writtle Street, (Now Maxwell way) we lived there from about 1964/65 & stayed til 1988/89

We lived at the Ellesmere end near the corner shop

i went to ellesmere road infants and juniors from about 1960 to 1966, lived on grimethorpe road. can remember both dave and steve warmsley,dave torr, bernard wylde, jeff leggitt, dave johnson, trevor thornhill,laddie kazmarcek,tony wagstaff,dave dagenheart, alex jancofski etc etc

i went to ellesmere road infants and juniors from about 1960 to 1966, lived on grimethorpe road. can remember both dave and steve warmsley,dave torr, bernard wylde, jeff leggitt, dave johnson, trevor thornhill,laddie kazmarcek,tony wagstaff,dave dagenheart, alex jancofski etc etc

hi there I lived in the Petre street area around that time. My brother went to school with a boy called steve kazmarcek, I think and Ian Hutton?????????????