Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

I am Brian The brother of Tony & Stephen. Tony stopped playing darts some time ago.

only know tony, col.

had many a battles with him on the oche.

Did you Win any?

Did you Win any?

beat them all in my time mate.

unfortunately also lost to them all too.

Hey up you lot, I've noticed the name of Laddy Kazmarcek mentioned a few times on this thread, top lad, from the same era what about Ged Wutton, last I know he moved over near Ecclesfield, lost track of him, I'd put him in my list of best blokes I'd ever met.

Shaun

Yes and she had two brothers - David and John
Hi there, I lived on Sorby Street,any one out there who can remember Sorby Street, John Cutts was in my class at Ellesmere School, I went to Burngreave when the dreaded Miss Yates was there, Miss Harries was also there, she was a rugby fanatic, she died aged 104 years old say 2 or 3 years ago, Miss Yates was a trojan of a woman, run the school with an iron rod

Hi there I lived on Sorby Street, next to Joe Lumbys ice cream merchants, Any one out there remember them? I went to Ellesmere and John Cutts was in my class, I went to Burngreave when the dreaded Miss Yates was headmistress, Miss harries was a teacher at Burngreave she died aged 104 about 2 or years ago. Miss Yates was a trojan of a woman who ruled the school with an iron rod.

Hi there I lived on Sorby Street, next to Joe Lumbys ice cream merchants, Any one out there remember them? I went to Ellesmere and John Cutts was in my class, I went to Burngreave when the dreaded Miss Yates was headmistress, Miss harries was a teacher at Burngreave she died aged 104 about 2 or years ago. Miss Yates was a trojan of a woman who ruled the school with an iron rod.

Did you know Doreen kingswood & Paula Fox from Gower St.1950ish

Hi yes I remember Doreen Kinswood the other name Paula Fox rings a bell, do you remember Aggie Whites corner shop and the bookie up the entry not far away.

Yes I remember Doreen Kingswood but the other name rings a bell, do you remember Aggie Whites corner shop and the bookies up the yard not far away,then the eastern family who lived in Gower Street, think for some reason one of them was nicknamed either hatsy or mowey

I was at burngreave from 1948-1952.Only remember Beryl Pass,Doreen Kingswood her pals name was Fox i think,both from Gower St.a girl called Russell from Bramber St.

Hey Lazyherbert,

Do you recognise any one here?

Sav0008.jpg

Capricorn_11

Did Margaret Cutts live opposite Ellesmere Road school & have a brother whose name I forget.

Hiya Lazyherbert & Foxey, you two must be about my era! I was in John Cutts class at Ellesmere School, Can you put faces to the following names, John Collins or any of his 6 or 7 brothers or sisters, The Marriott family the butterworth family, Joan & Barry Taylor (who has sadly died) Mr Goldstone Mr Brownhill,

Hi the very tall lad called Vincent was probably called Vincent Kennady