Carrier bag scam

WH Smith charges for them now as well, just for your newspapers....can't remember how much at the minute, but all proceeds go to a woodland trust I believe. The idea behind it all really, is that you take and use and re-use your own bags. Just like we did in the olden days.:D Make sure you get your reciept for your purchases though......

Yes but they also lasted a hell of a lot more than a single shop in those days:rant:

We have a stack of hessian bags, none of which cost anything- they were all freebies. On the odd occasion I forget to take them out, I either carry the stuff without a bag, or, if there's too much to carry, pay for carrier bags. I put it down to experience, and resolve not to be such a forgetful a**e in future. It's only a few pence, after all.

There's a reason plastic carrier bags are known as 'witches' knickers', you know.

And, incidentally, online carriage/packaging is never 'free'- it's all costed into the items for sale, along with cheap out-of-town/offshore premises, near-zero tax contributions, etc., etc...

Quite a trivial issue to get your witches' knickers in a twist over, really. :hihi:

You naughty naughty people, wanting a PLASTIC bag to take your goods home in. You must understand that these bags will bring the end of mankind, or so the plastic (odd) sandal tree huggers would have us believe.

No free bag, no taky home goods, leave them on the counter, job done. If folk did this EVERY time the retailers tried to rip us off, it would end overnight.

Angel.

You naughty naughty people, wanting a PLASTIC bag to take your goods home in. You must understand that these bags will bring the end of mankind, or so the plastic (odd) sandal tree huggers would have us believe.

No free bag, no taky home goods, leave them on the counter, job done. If folk did this EVERY time the retailers tried to rip us off, it would end overnight.

Angel.

And therein lies the problem- the people who can't be bothered to take a bag with 'em, can't be bothered to find somewhere else to buy their stuff. The lazy and forgetful are their own (and everyone else's) worst enemy.

But hey, it's not our problem!

Want now? Pay now! Simple, really.

Think yourself lucky you don't live in Wales, they pay for all their carrier bags.

I was about to post the exact same thing!

5p per bag isn't it?

Yep.....5p a bag.

I have a bag full of bags in the car and just reuse them.

It's surprising how many times a plastic carrier can be used before it falls to pieces.