Found black and white cat Norton Lees area

Oooh ... this looks as though it could be useful - from the Cat Protection website:

http://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/neutering-facts

" Wherever you are in the UK, we can help with neutering. In areas where we do not have a local branch or adoption centre, we can still provide vouchers by post for owners or feral carers to neuter their cats. For more information call 03000 12 12 12 or email [email protected]

If emailing for assistance, please provide your full name, full address including postcode, telephone number, and details of the number and sexes of the cats you would like neutered. You will also need to advise us of any state benefits you receive, and advise us of your total household income per month. If you would prefer not to provide this information by email, please call us on 03000 12 12 12 instead."

Twitcher, please get in touch by email, a foster home awaits the cat but only if we can catch him. Need help with the timing.

Have you rung Sheffield Hallam Cats Pro yet to ask for a voucher, it would help, thanks. 3270348.

---------- Post added 29-11-2012 at 16:16 ----------

Twitcher, A FOSTER HOME AWAITS THIS CAT. But to save helpers going to your mum's garden at different hours of the day to look for him, can she or you please give us an indication of when he's around. If we give your mum a contact no. to ring would she be able to do that, when he appears.

Don't bother asking CP for a voucher, let's concentrate on urgently catching the cat.

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. Thanks.

The cat's promised temp foster home has fallen through, we're trying desperately to get him into foster, S8 would be ideal, near to Peak vets, but if not someone who is prepared to spend time and have transport to do his vet runs, thank you.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 15:30 ----------

Unsuccessfully spent hours trying to trap the lad today, wouldn't even go near it. Shame as he has had an offer of a permanent home, even though he looks as if he has been out in the cold for weeks. I'll try again tonight, and tomorrow morning but with so many pregnant cats, nursing cats with kittens that need trapping, I'm afraid I don't have enough hours in the day, or night. Midgecat must have had the golden touch last week when she got him in a cat carrier, I'm useless with cats!

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 20:01 ----------

Another awful day for Boris the cat. Saw him this morning, looking very miserable and absolutely soaked and frozen, just sitting on a garden chair with rain bouncing off his head. He won't go anywhere near the trap when I am there, in fact he hides under the bushes away from me. I'll go up late tonight to put more food in the unset trap in the hope that he'll get to trust it, but it's so sad that he has a lovely home waiting for him but he now doesn't trust anyone. I know this is just one cat of thousands, but once you have seen a particular cat, and you know that he has trusted a person only a week ago, it's hard to ignore him. I'll worm him tomorrow, hard to understand why he wasn't wormed while at the vets as he is believed to have tapeworms which will make him very poorly if left untreated. He hasn't got a lot going for him, poor lad is going to become very poorly if left in the garden throughout the long and harduous winter. The least we can do for him is provide a small shelter for him - any offers - bearing in mind he is in a well kept garden, can't be a rabbit hutch for example, needs to be something small but large enough for a food bowl and bed. Thank you.

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 20:29 ----------

Why is my posting being added to rather than keeping this cat's plight near the top. I'm wanting some help for him! Bet he already feels he's at the bottom of the pile, it's horrid out there in the cold and wet.

This is so sad that he is back in the garden and now won't go back in the trap.

The cat's promised temp foster home has fallen through, we're trying desperately to get him into foster, S8 would be ideal, near to Peak vets, but if not someone who is prepared to spend time and have transport to do his vet runs, thank you.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 15:30 ----------

Unsuccessfully spent hours trying to trap the lad today, wouldn't even go near it. Shame as he has had an offer of a permanent home, even though he looks as if he has been out in the cold for weeks. I'll try again tonight, and tomorrow morning but with so many pregnant cats, nursing cats with kittens that need trapping, I'm afraid I don't have enough hours in the day, or night. Midgecat must have had the golden touch last week when she got him in a cat carrier, I'm useless with cats!

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 20:01 ----------

Another awful day for Boris the cat. Saw him this morning, looking very miserable and absolutely soaked and frozen, just sitting on a garden chair with rain bouncing off his head. He won't go anywhere near the trap when I am there, in fact he hides under the bushes away from me. I'll go up late tonight to put more food in the unset trap in the hope that he'll get to trust it, but it's so sad that he has a lovely home waiting for him but he now doesn't trust anyone. I know this is just one cat of thousands, but once you have seen a particular cat, and you know that he has trusted a person only a week ago, it's hard to ignore him. I'll worm him tomorrow, hard to understand why he wasn't wormed while at the vets as he is believed to have tapeworms which will make him very poorly if left untreated. He hasn't got a lot going for him, poor lad is going to become very poorly if left in the garden throughout the long and harduous winter. The least we can do for him is provide a small shelter for him - any offers - bearing in mind he is in a well kept garden, can't be a rabbit hutch for example, needs to be something small but large enough for a food bowl and bed. Thank you.

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 20:29 ----------

Why is my posting being added to rather than keeping this cat's plight near the top. I'm wanting some help for him! Bet he already feels he's at the bottom of the pile, it's horrid out there in the cold and wet.

dont know but if I answer this it might put it to the top?

[/color]Why is my posting being added to rather than keeping this cat's plight near the top. I'm wanting some help for him! Bet he already feels he's at the bottom of the pile, it's horrid out there in the cold and wet.

New forum software to stop bumping of posts (its against forum rules) and it does it automatically sorry :(

Just keep replying folks, such a shame that he's lost his trust...daft thing doesn't know what side his breads buttered on...but they don't do they?

I hope he is caught soon before the real bad weather come.

What a fantastic result today.

Twitcher's lovely mum bought Boris some ham, he couldn't resist it and in her kitchen he went. Mum phoned Cheryl and Gary who popped him in a carrier, having first had a cuddle, then off to Penny who took him to his new mum, Julie.

What a great result. Have booked Boris into Peak to have his pom poms off on Monday and hopefully he'll have a long and happy life.

He's a lovely lad, he was so happy to be in from the cold and wet, and so were we.

Twitcher, you are lucky to have such a caring mum, we're both having a glass of something tasty tonight.

Thank you on behalf of Boris for posting. It was heartbreaking for us all to see him looking so lost. Happy ending :)

What a fantastic result today.

Twitcher's lovely mum bought Boris some ham, he couldn't resist it and in her kitchen he went. Mum phoned Cheryl and Gary who popped him in a carrier, having first had a cuddle, then off to Penny who took him to his new mum, Julie.

What a great result. Have booked Boris into Peak to have his pom poms off on Monday and hopefully he'll have a long and happy life.

He's a lovely lad, he was so happy to be in from the cold and wet, and so were we.

Twitcher, you are lucky to have such a caring mum, we're both having a glass of something tasty tonight.

Thank you on behalf of Boris for posting. It was heartbreaking for us all to see him looking so lost. Happy ending :)

Magsie you're a star, thanks for all your help and support so very glad this cat is out of the bad weather and into a loving home at long last, bless him he deserves it - such a lovely cat!

Lovely news on this cold horrid day :)

It was a team effort Twitcher, I hope the 'S8' team can continue to help cats in crisis, I think they will. So, a good result all round. Only one cat in thousands, but what a cat!