Rileys snooker and the fastlane bowl. handsworth

i hear 40 clubs have now closed , but cant find anything in the news, why. :loopy:

There is now 50 Rileys closed down up and down in the country a friend of mine was the manager at Doncaster.:help:

get him and his staff to join the facebook site lots of good advise.http://www.facebook.com/groups/173632619446907/

Edited by dixieland

rileys use to be good before malk barred people a few years back. it was booming with atmosphere when u had the likes of burgin and hardy then and since then its slumped. bring back the glory days|||||||

There is now 50 Rileys closed down up and down in the country a friend of mine was the manager at Doncaster.:help:

in silver street, under electric avenue/ritzy/whatever?

More than 600 jobs and 78 clubs at Rileys Sports Bars across the UK have been secured after the company has been bought from Administration by private investors.

The move safeguards snooker, pool and sports bars around the country and will allow the name, Rileys, one of the best known in leisure and sport in Britain, to continue on the high street.

Regrettably 146 jobs will be lost (44 full-time and 102 part-time) and 25 clubs will cease trading as part of the Administration process which is overseen by KPMG.

Rileys Mansfield road reopening in a couple of weeks as a Sheffield Steelers bar, see Postcode Gazette site for news

Anybody got any idea what the (once Handswoth Plaza) now defunct bowling alley/snooker hall at Handsworth is going to become? I have noticed some work being carried out there recently with skips being filled etc. Just curious!:?:

I was in the shell garage recently and i overheard a conversation saying it could be a mosque.

I was in the shell garage recently and i overheard a conversation saying it could be a mosque.

Heard that also, but wouldn't details of any planning be required to send to nearby residents as theres bound to be objections largely due to parking issues

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Heard that also, but wouldn't details of any planning be required to send to nearby residents as theres bound to be objections largely due to parking issues

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Lets be fair, before the Sword Dancer & Aldi were built, that area was going to be a big mosque. It's just rumours & hear say at the moment, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I checked that also, nothing for No 1 Richmond Road pending. I feel the mosque thing is just speculation. I agree that it would be a really bad area for vehicular parking for whatever use the building may be used for. It would be better used for a gym or some local activities for the young and not so young. I will throw it open for all your suggestions. What do you think?

Edited by yorky15