Comet Liquidation Sale

Why don't you both actually read the legislation or official websites summarising consumer rights?

As I quoted from the SoGA (twice) your point is?...............

As I quoted from the SoGA (twice) your point is?...............

That website-based legal advice from unknown members is inherently unreliable.

That website-based legal advice from unknown members is inherently unreliable.

You have posted links to the sites I quoted from. I accept I should have included the links but that does not mean my information was incorrect does it?

For the record; I spent over 10 years in a retail environment and I'm up to speed on Consumer legislation,Contract law and the DPA.

In practice although you may get some sort of service under the manafacturers warrenty you may well find it is far from straight forward.

You are basically at the mercy of the manafcturers and the reposnse you get will vary massivly.

Some of the brands that are sold these days are actually not made by the name on the product for instance and comet may have bought out the warrenty.

Also manafacturers guarantee proceduers can make getting service a nightmare relying on 3rd partys and "back to base" procedures.

Instead of posting childish insults give me and others the benefits of your knowledge and give examples of why I'm wrong.

I'm waiting.............................

If you buy anything from Comet you need to be aware that you will not be covered by any guarantee.

You're wrong right here, manufacturers guarantee's (not rights derived from the SoG act) will still apply, so pretty much anything you purchase from Comet will be covered by a guarantee.

Now I've challenged 'Anna Glypta' to provide evidence she's suddenly gone to sleep.

I wonder why??

What evidence do you need in order to prove that a manufacturers warranty still applies even after Comet goes bust?

Now I've challenged 'Anna Glypta' to provide evidence she's suddenly gone to sleep.

I wonder why??

Not gone to sleep just letting you dig your hole a bit deeper.

Sale of goods act requires all electrical goods sold in the UK to come with a 12 month minimum manufactures warranty. So whilst a contract might be with the retailer the goods are required by law to be guaranteed by the manufacturer.

There are administrators running Comet at the moment, and they are legally bound to ensure that any goods supplied whilst they are running Comet are supplied with guarantees of the customers statutory rights.

So if you buy from the administrators they have the same legal obligations with regard to your purchase as Comet would have had. It is Comet that is in administration not Deloitte.

For the record; I spent over 10 years in a retail environment and I'm up to speed on Consumer legislation,Contract law and the DPA.

What sort of guarantee did you offer on the pizzas?

Edited by Anna Glypta

You're wrong right here, manufacturers guarantee's (not rights derived from the SoG act) will still apply, so pretty much anything you purchase from Comet will be covered by a guarantee.

Wall. Bash. Headache.

Yes a Manufacturers guarantee which does not give the same protection as the SoGA. See my previous post about consumer protection.

Manufacturers guarantees are far more onerous-and less generous-than the protection given to consumers by the SoGA or CPUTR and other legislation.

If you buy an item with a credit card then you are covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 75. which gives consumers added protection in the event of the retailer going out of business.

Back to the OP..... Buying from Comet is risky because your consumer rights will be limited.

Yes a Manufacturers guarantee which does not give the same protection as the SoGA. See my previous post about consumer protection.

Manufacturers guarantees are far more onerous-and less generous-than the protection given to consumers by the SoGA or CPUTR and other legislation.

If you buy an item with a credit card then you are covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 75. which gives consumers added protection in the event of the retailer going out of business.

Back to the OP..... Buying from Comet is risky because your consumer rights will be limited.

That's a far cry from this..

Everyone likes a bargain but........but. If you buy anything from Comet you need to be aware that you will not be covered by any guarantee. .

Not gone to sleep just letting you dig your hole a bit deeper.

Sale of goods act requires all electrical goods sold in the UK to come with a 12 month minimum manufactures warranty. So whilst a contract might be with the retailer the goods are required by law to be guaranteed by the manufacturer.

That is not the point in question

There are administrators running Comet at the moment, and they are legally bound to ensure that any goods supplied whilst they are running Comet are supplied with guarantees of the customers statutory rights.

And in 6 months time if you have a problem with your purchase?

So if you buy from the administrators they have the same legal obligations with regard to your purchase as Comet would have had. It is Comet that is in administration not Deloitte.

No one has mentioned legal obligations. We are discussing consumer protection.

What sort of guarantee did you offer on the pizzas?

The same as you offer on your Ice creams

You are not really with us are you?