Centertainment – no parking and then ticketing

Booked cinema tickets and at 6 o'clock tonight the whole place was grid locked. Dropped wife and kids off and an hour later parked on pavement on road towards retail park. Missed start of film and then on the way out loads of police ticketing cars. My issue is that the police said to me that it was Centretainment that had called them. Surely they were aware of the issue around 6, seems something not quite right and lots of peoples nights out spoiled!

Your best trying to use the Tram when going to Centretainment, especially at busy times. Park your car near one of the Tram Stops and board the Tram

The war on the motorist seems to be going up a few notches, and parked cars seem to be high on the hit list.

Your best trying to use the Tram when going to Centretainment, especially at busy times. Park your car near one of the Tram Stops and board the Tram

The war on the motorist seems to be going up a few notches, and parked cars seem to be high on the hit list.

The war on the pedestrian has also been going on...park on the pavement as described by the OP so as not to block the road? Fine, all very considerate, now

WHERE

DO

YOU

WANT

PEOPLE

TO

WALK?

They should have rolled a tank over the bloody thing

This post was not intended as taking sides in wars against cars or pavements. The pavements are very wide and no cars hindered pedestrians. Yes trams are a great option,I use them regularly but a spur of the moment half term treat affected planning, Centretainment should be able to accommodate their visitors and not shop them to the cops.

This post was not intended as taking sides in wars against cars or pavements. The pavements are very wide and no cars hindered pedestrians. Yes trams are a great option,I use them regularly but a spur of the moment half term treat affected planning, Centretainment should be able to accommodate their visitors and not shop them to the cops.

Simple really don't park on the pavement.

Centretainment should be able to accommodate their visitors and not shop them to the cops.
. So no matter HOW MANY CARS TURN UP, Centertainment should be able to accommodate them? REALLY??

Lets flash mob Centertainment and prove that they have a finite number of parking spaces...oh, you just noted that on a regular half term evening.

I do wonder how Centertainment come to have this relationship with the cops where they shop illegal parking, wonder what's in it for them, but it must be something.

Edited by Andy
fixed tags

Just realised why I gave up with this forum, no beef about the issue about parking on the pavement etc just that after an hour of driving around with wife and kids watching film and lots of other people in the same situation my options were to go home or park where I did. The issue is the reason why the police were there; because they were called! I wrongly thought others may read this that were there rather than people homing in on other things, sigh.

Someone in a mobility scooter has to go on the road to get around cars littering the way and gets wiped out...but that's okay, don't want to spoil anyones night out.

When will drivers wake up to the fact that the world is not for cars first and anyone else second, and the fact that there are places that cars are quite rightly prohibited from, is not akin to Apartheid or the persecution of the Jews in 1939 Germany.

Just read the post from Monroe that appeared whilst composing my last rant. Yes that's what we thought, must have earned them at least a grand counting the cars. You scratch my back...

Booked cinema tickets and at 6 o'clock tonight the whole place was grid locked. Dropped wife and kids off and an hour later parked on pavement on road towards retail park. Missed start of film and then on the way out loads of police ticketing cars. My issue is that the police said to me that it was Centretainment that had called them. Surely they were aware of the issue around 6, seems something not quite right and lots of peoples nights out spoiled!

It always seems busy now, there is hardly any spaces left at peak times unless you're lucky.

I actually don't believe what the Policeman said, they all lie,they use that area often for their own Cash cow.

Someone in a mobility scooter has to go on the road to get around cars littering the way and gets wiped out...but that's okay, don't want to spoil anyones night out.

When will drivers wake up to the fact that the world is not for cars first and anyone else second, and the fact that there are places that cars are quite rightly prohibited from, is not akin to Apartheid or the persecution of the Jews in 1939 Germany.

I suggest you do not go to a football match mate, you might need a doctor after.

I think think that Squiggs is a great example of all that is wrong with this forum ie attacking people without actually acknowledging what their post is about, making people out to be not what they are etc. I think there should be a thread about people like this.

Quite obviously a cash cow area as someone who has just used their car for the first time in 4 weeks (I cycle and use public transport) perhaps keep away from treating the kids.