Does the bible mention Mohammed (the last prophet of Islam) ?

Really

http://jihadonbuddhists.org/

if thats getting on quite well I would hate to see what really happens if they ever fall out

I'm aware of that situation, like I said, it's good of you to look at things so one sidedly.

Any chance of those texts?

Or are we just going to go back and forth with you trying to divert attention all night?

He's not saying 'Jews are bad' [...]

The instruction not to 'mingle' is given in case those of the other faiths are not living up to the standards they are set

Allah is telling his followers to cut out the most basic of social interactions; friendship. It's a little extreme in my view. Luckily, people have ways of ignoring certain parts of their holy books.

I'm not interested in the 'this faith is worse to such and such than this faith'

It's not an argument to convince you, it's a fundamental fact. Jews have been persecuted by virtually every society they've come in contact with for over 2500 years. The brief periods of peace they have had were in Islamic empires, and in modern day Western Europe/USA (and that had a rather ugly episode in the middle). Christianity has not been kind to the Jews.

Absolutely no disagreement whatsoever with that!

Yay. Something to celebrate. ;)

Allah is telling his followers to cut out the most basic of social interactions; friendship. It's a little extreme in my view. Luckily, people have ways of ignoring certain parts of their holy books[/Quote]

Being religious I do understand the premise behind it, however I think it's much more difficult in practice than just saying avoid such and such - there are lots of angles you can take it from - from a personal perspective I have many friends that would be considered 'a danger' to my practice but I don't tend to 'fall' from the path by associating with them - for me it is no hard fast 'it's a right or wrong' religious 'rule'.

From a secular perspective I suppose it's similar to trying to get your kids to avoid the 'wrong' crowd - but that's not meant as a direct comparison, just a basic example.

It's not an argument to convince you, it's a fundamental fact. Jews have been persecuted by virtually every society they've come in contact with for over 2500 years. The brief periods of peace they have had were in Islamic empires, and in modern day Western Europe/USA (and that had a rather ugly episode in the middle). Christianity has not been kind to the Jews[/Quote]

Sorry that may be the way I worded it - I wasn't trying to say you were attempting to convince me - I was merely saying I try to avoid such things personally.

Yay. Something to celebrate. ;)

:hihi::hihi:

I told you it could happen.

Back on topic please [/quote.

Why would the bible mention mohammad? Why?

Revelations? Could be worth a look, I guess. As I suppose your trying to suggest this mohammed was fortold?

As the koran is a copy of the Tora and new testament, with arabic culture etc thrown in. I guess the men that wrote the koran worded it to give as much credibility as possible.

Back on topic please [/quote.

Why would the bible mention mohammad? Why?

Revelations? Could be worth a look, I guess. As I suppose your trying to suggest this mohammed was fortold?

As the koran is a copy of the Tora and new testament, with arabic culture etc thrown in. I guess the men that wrote the koran worded it to give as much credibility as possible.

Because Muslims believe he is the final Prophet of the Abrahamic religions - therefore it stands to reason that from their perspective he could have been foretold in earlier scriptures.

Because Muslims believe he is the final Prophet of the Abrahamic religions - therefore it stands to reason that from their perspective he could have been foretold in earlier scriptures.

The guys that wrote the koran some 50 years after mohamads death had to give it credibility. I guess Abraham was the best way. That and death to those that question it, basic but it worked.

The guys that wrote the koran some 50 years after mohamads death had to give it credibility. I guess Abraham was the best way. That and death to those that question it, basic but it worked.

That has nothing to do with the question you asked, you asked 'why would the Quran mention Mohammad'?

The Quran wasn't written '50 years' after Mohammads death, its compilation into the final form took almost two hundred years, that aside the compilation of the Quran has nothing to do with the Question you asked.

Also as you seem to have already formulated your own answer I fail to see why you asked it at all other than to troll.

That has nothing to do with the question you asked, you asked 'why would the Quran mention Mohammad'?

The Quran wasn't written '50 years' after Mohammads death, its compilation into the final form took almost two hundred years, that aside the compilation of the Quran has nothing to do with the Question you asked.

Also as you seem to have already formulated your own answer I fail to see why you asked it at all other than to troll.

Took almost 200 years yes, began 50 years after his death. I was answering the original question, not asking it. The bible or tora and the new testament are linked. The koran is as already stated a copy with arabic culture thrown in and a few new rules and rituals. The koran is a massive backwards step in comparison to the new testament. The only place I can think of that could mention muhammed is in Revelations, The whole anti christ beast thing.