Starbucks and its tax position- MEGATHREAD

This implies that you've been in Starbuck's and tries their stuff

Their coffee is clearly bog standard - not rubbish but not very good either. Yet you believe it is 'excellent'.

I'm now all the more convinced that it is only their marketing which could be described as 'excellent'.

Yet to me this implies that you wouldn't

Then people might give their coffee money to a responsible company which pays it's share of taxes and pays decent wages. It is an outrageous suggestion! Where would it leave self-centred, greedy tossrags if more people were motivated by the common good?

This implies that you've been in Starbuck's and tries their stuff

Yet to me this implies that you wouldn't

Correct. Your answer is in the tenses. If you admit you are thick enough to need it spelling out for you, I will happily oblige :D.

Their coffee is clearly bog standard - not rubbish but not very good either. Yet you believe it is 'excellent'.

I'm now all the more convinced that it is only their marketing which could be described as 'excellent'.

You think it's bog standard, Shef Fitness thinks it's excellent. I wonder how we can determine whose subjective opinion is the right one? No wait, we can't. Get this too, some people even prefer instant coffee over fresh coffee.

jb

You think it's bog standard, Shef Fitness thinks it's excellent. I wonder how we can determine whose subjective opinion is the right one? No wait, we can't. Get this too, some people even prefer instant coffee over fresh coffee.

jb

Enough people think Starbuck's to be OK for them to be planning on opening another 300 places in the next few years..

http://starbucks.co.uk/blog/starbucks-commitment-to-the-uk/1240

Enough people think Starbuck's to be OK for them to be planning on opening another 300 places in the next few years..

http://starbucks.co.uk/blog/starbucks-commitment-to-the-uk/1240

All that money they save from not paying Corporation tax ensures they have a natural competitive edge over their competition and therefore they can build more branches.

Brilliant. Welcome to Corporate Britain.

jb

Do you work in Starbucks marketing Dept? :suspect:

There is no marketing, the product is simply excellent. I think so, and so do all the other people who enjoy a cuppa each day. Its so packed I can't read my newspaper in peace and at times its impossible to get a seat.

If as you say "marketing" is brainwashing people and the product is rubbish, then why do people give repeat custom day after day?

If the product was rubbish, people would stay away and the business would go under

There is no marketing, the product is simply excellent. I think so, and so do all the other people who enjoy a cuppa each day. Its so packed I can't read my newspaper in peace and at times its impossible to get a seat.

If as you say "marketing" is brainwashing people and the product is rubbish, then why do people give repeat custom day after day?

If the product was rubbish, people would stay away and the business would go under

Indeed, you can go anywhere for a coffee. I tried an independent stall once and felt all warm inside until he pulled out a jar of Nescafé then charged me two quid. But since I started this post, costa have built an outlet around me. You can't escape them.